Display Mini-Map on loading screen

Hey devs, could you please make it so that we can view the static image of the mini-map on the loading screen in ranked supremacy games?
Personally, I think this would be a huge QoL update showing us the preview of the map wrt to trade posts and water options instead of having to memorise the constantly changing map pool.

Please consider this request, and I hope to hear from you regarding the same.
Thank you!

20 Likes

This is really great idea! I’d love to see this QoL feature in game.

2 Likes

Great! If they could add the minimap it would be great. Very good suggestion Kanoo!

BAJA CALIFORNIA

2 Likes

Especially usefull when playing FFA games, many maps change their layout when playing FFA. But the map selector does not indicate this.

EDIT:
Ozarks on the map select screen:
FFA Ozarks ingame:
OzarksFFA

3 Likes

Sounds difficult to impelement, but maybe a static picture of what to expect, no in engine minimap that is actually loading at the moment so likely not available

3 Likes

Yeah the actual map is precisely what’s being generated during that loading screen, so it is definitely impossible to show what it will really look like. Has to be a static image.

5 Likes

Yes, agreed. A static image of the map would be perfect!

Hi @everyone! I’ve added this to our database as a QoL Suggestion. Thanks @Kanoo14!

11 Likes

That’s great! Thank you @Breadalus

1 Like

Heey @Kanoo14, You gave me an idea on how to improve Skirmish’s loading screen, I’ll post it in a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m only glad I could help. :slight_smile:

The mercenaries that will be available could also be on the loading screen. Useful to know if it would be feasible to build a tavern / bar from scratch.

3 Likes

agreed. (20 characters)

1 Like

The idea is not mine, but I read it for there.

Just as long as it gets implemented by the devs, it’s cool :slight_smile:

In the case of 4vs4, does the minimap hinder the preview of the participants? I mean, would you reduce the space?

They should be able to configure it accordingly.

Hey @Breadalus, can we expect this QOL update anytime soon?

It is up already isn’t it?

No, last I checked that wasn’t the case.