DLC Campaigns: Black Screen

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #:
    Version 101.102.18071.0 (Last Update 19.05.2023)

• GAME PLATFORM:
    Microsoft Store

• OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 10 (Fully updated with the latest updates possible)

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Clicking any of the current DLC campaigns (Dawn of the Dukes, Dynasties of India & Lords of the West) results in a black screen that I can not do anything with. I am able to continue hearing the game menu music, so the game is not become unresponsive. I have to open task manager in order to close it. I reject any notion that this is my PC that is causing the fault.

Both the original and the new expansion (Return of Rome) campaigns are working perfectly so if it was my PC why would it only work for certain campaigns? The notion is ridiculous. I further note, that when playing the two campaigns above, the game runs perfectly on the highest possible graphics without a single issue. Both this and the fact i’ve seen multiple threads with the same issue i’m having points to it being a game issue, despite what Microsoft insists.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Every single time I try to play the 3 DLC campaigns as described above. They simply are not working in the slightest despite me going through the numerous suggestions provided by Microsoft.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

As per Microsofts suggestions, I’ve resintalled the game multiple times. I’ve lowered my graphics. I’ve installed the DLC’s on the same drive as the main game. I’ve literally jumped through 100 hoops to prove to them it’s not my PC that’s causing this fault. They’ve finally admitted it “might” not actually be my PC causing it lol so they directed me here to post to the dev’s directly.

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open up any DLC campaign then click on one of the stories.
  2. Screen goes black.
  3. I get upset and annoyed. Issue replicated.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The game would clearly work as intended. I would have a fully working game, as I paid for. Not this broken DLC that won’t even let me play it.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Happy to provide an image but it’s just gonna be a black screen so i’m unsure how it will be helpful in any way.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

No save file as I can’t get on the game to even create a save file to begin with. Happy to do a recording if the Dev’s feel that would be helpful, but given there’s multitude of people having the same issue, I think they’ll probably have enough screenshots/videos that others have provided.

Look forward to the developer’s reply, as Microsofts response is to deflect, blame my PC and shrug their shoulders.

3 Likes

I have the exact same issue as this so cannot wait to hear a reply

Lol the Developers are answering other threads but ignoring this one, so whatever. How rude of me to expect a game, that I paid for, to work properly lol…

We are not ignoring this thread, don’t worry :slight_smile: The team is already investigating this issue.
Sorry for the inconveniences.

1 Like

Fairs, I thought you were, I apologise. Thank you though, hopefully they find a resolution & fix quickly.

I have the same problem, so would be great to get a fix

yo tengo ese problema tambien, si consiguen solucionarlo avisen

I got the same issues.
what’s wrong with them…
Hope to hear the responds soon…

I have the same issue for more than week… I wrote 3 times a bug report and still nothing…

Same issue happening with my game, big time bummer

yep, me too, same issue :confused: