DLC focussed on Campaigns coming soon!

I suppose. There are a few ways of interpreting difficulty as well. For example, I can say that Pachacuti and Tariq were quite difficult because I had to constantly reaffirm my will to live finish them. The low native difficulty was compounded by the tedium and lack of rewarding gameplay. Whereas other scenarios and campaigns objectively require more of the player in terms of unit/eco management, strategy, etc, which is what most people seem to refer to when they talk about something being “hard.” But where the gameplay is rewarding, those scenarios don’t feel “hard” in the previous sense of unpleasant or tedious.

Regarding the Vietnamese campaign, that was the one I replayed recently. As a rule, I don’t consider official campaigns to be hard, so I wouldn’t read anything into the (im)precision of considering any particular one of them to follow that rule. Although even that campaign was easier than I remember - I’m quite confident in saying that balance and/or AI changes seem to have made it easier than in the past. The second scenario in particular was a breeze as I was able to smash the eastern camp about 12 minutes in, and then it’s just a matter of playing Whac-A-Mole with the enemies who try to snipe the evacuees. No particular effort was required to “defend the fortress,” which is unfortunate given how that’s (theoretically) a key premise of the scenario. In case you haven’t played that one in a while, I suspect you may find it easier now than it’s ever been.

1 Like

I think you’d love a game called thief the dark project, or thieftdp for short. its not historical game tho

1 Like

Thief: The Dark Project is a great game!

3 Likes

Of course, it could also be new campaigns for Return of Rome…

Sure, I hope they port the Roman campaigns from Rise of Rome into Return of Rome…

That’s true, maybe it’s a Chinese New Year dlc with 3 campaigns for China, Japan and Korea… it would be The Asian Dynasties 2.0 xd…

Yes, for me they are never going to divide China because it would generate a lot of resentment…

Exactly…

Belisarius and Ivan III would be fine…

On Xbox they united the first 4 missions into 1 and thus the campaign is more interesting as there are only 4 missions…

3 kingdoms is AoE 1 and the Mongol invasion we already saw in Genghis Khan, perhaps it was Taizong or the rise of the Ming dynasty (between Lake Poyang and Le Loi)…

Elisabeth the Catholic…

Nor AoE 3 because both states were isolationist…

For me yes, I am a big fan of the campaigns (since the AoE 2 multiplayer seems simple to me)…

They are incredibles, you start out in misery and end up feeling like the emperor of the world when you finish them…besides, no one rejects a good story…for some reason the best campaign in the entire saga is the AoM campaign (the AoE 3 ones are very good, but they go a little outside of historicity to do something more historical fiction and AoE 4 are History Channel type documentaries xd)

Exactly, by the way it helps you to get to know the game’s civs in more depth (in AoM and AoEO it helps you a lot since they are very asymmetrical; in AoE 3 and 4 it doesn’t help you much because the campaigns use exclusive civs)…

Exactly…the multiplayer always starts the same and ends the same: with all the players killing each other to win; however, in the campaigns it varies depending on how you start the missions and how everything is dynamic throughout the scenario…

Yes, rest assured… the AoE 1 and AoE 2 campaigns allow you a lot of freedom to resolve the scenarios (within what is possible of course)… from AoM onwards, it is more restrictive in that aspect (going from A to B following a corridor and not going too far outside the margins)…

That would be very good too…

Yes, the scenario editors of the saga have a lot of things to experiment with… in the AoE 3 DE forum, for example, you have screenshot contests using the game’s scenario editor and they are true masterpieces…

The ones from DotD are really creamy, the ones from DoI are exotic and the ones from RoR are epic and much better than the ones from AoE 1 for scandal…

Of course, the ones that suffer the most from this are the AoK and TC campaigns, which were quite simple compared to the newer ones…

1 Like

It’s not too much interesting. I would go on to say it is just amusing that first four scenarios are combined into one. All others remain the same.

Yes, but at least they make it look like a campaign like the others in the game…