Do you believe in AOE 4 success?

i cannot play blizard RTS anymore … les hope they make something real not an advanced malware

2 Likes

Like steam red shell spyware?

LOL , it was an exaggerate comment :smiley:

I believe in AOE 4 because quite frankly there is no alternative RTS i would prefer buying right now…

But Relic should start communicating. They dropped a bomb last year during gamescom, but i think they started the hype way to early and stopped communicating at all for 12 months. Right now only a true optimist would believe that AOE4 does excist in any playable way. But i hope they share some essential information on gamescom 2018. Which timeladder? Which area in the world? Which civs? If aoe 4 would be failing, most fans would be able to predict it years in advance if they show the alpha… It could help relic a lot if they would share some major idea’s or suggestions before they create it… Then the fans will react and they could learn from that before making the mistake in the first place.

2 Likes

Blockquote
I believe in AOE 4 because quite frankly there is no alternative RTS i would prefer buying right now…
Blockquote

Yes i will as well , and many people also do that but question is “is it like other normal games?” or Microsoft push them to create a leader to complete with current ESPORT RTS titles … this is what im looking for

i am playing AOE3 since 2006, member name: shimon
some problems: each time i don’t play it for a while they reset my $playes, $wins and current rank. just played it yesterday after 1 year and i have to rank up all over again.
if there will be aoe4 i hope they will do it for mac, windows, steam, maybe try to go on console? and players can play against each other on all platforms… now you got mac and microsoft seperate… like wth? let them play together! (like paragon, fortnite etc…)
i mean… god aoe3 has almost no users, in 2006 there was like 8 or 10K users now under 1K (lol). the time you need to start a game? 20 minutes at least… it was in 2006 up to now the same problem. FIX IT

Yes i believe it will be big.

The 2 really big competitors tho very differnt games they do eat from the same playerbase.
Warcraft and AoE/M the point with when AoE 3 came out that Warcraft 3 was still huge.
And probably the best stratagy game ever lived with still a decently huge playerbase for the age of the game.

But since there is no warcraft 4 and seeing they just added another expension to wow wont be happening anytime soon.
AoE 4 will flourish since it has no competition it will be the only Hystory RTS the rest are all Scifi and those have a complete different playerbase.

I need a new RTS i enjoyed all AoE and i will definlty will enjoy 4 cant wait for the release.
Eventho im afraid it will be far off

1 Like

Blockquote
Warcraft and AoE/M the point with when AoE 3 came out that Warcraft 3 was still huge.

Blockquote

Age of Empires 3 never was sustainable (PLAYER base) if you want to compare it with WC3 or SC1,SC2,

Blockquote
But since there is no warcraft 4 and seeing they just added another expension to wow wont be happening anytime soon.
Blockquote
Its true we will not see WC4 at least in 5 years :slight_smile:

Blockquote
AoE 4 will flourish since it has no competition it will be the only Hystory RTS the rest are all Scifi and those have a complete different playerbase.> Blockquote

Just because there is no competitor it doesn’t mean they can make it ,

It totally depends on Microsoft business strategy , are they going to invest on a game and try to focus on ESPORT or they just try to sell a game and they leave it after 1 year … lets see honestly i personally love to have AOE4 on top of the list (AOE1 was my crush for RTS :slight_smile:)

Still don’t understand what they are waiting for… it has been so long

Waiting for warcraft 4?

No! I am waiting for aoe4

Hopefully we get some news at gamescom.

Yeah, sorry, this isn’t going to happen. Relic are good at a number of things, but sadly communication isn’t one of them. I understand why they generally avoid communicating with community members - they don’t want to make promises they then can’t deliver - but I don’t see this changing with AoE IV, and obviously since the game was announced there’s been nothing to suggest that it will.

The only communication you’re likely to get from Relic is in the form of patch notes. I can’t speak for Microsoft as I have not followed them since the days of Ensemble, but judging by the state of this forum and the handful of admin posts since the game was announced, I’m not expecting much.

Blockquote
I’m not expecting much
Blockquote

Yes, they are not good at communication and i personally believe we should not expect much from them. i LOVE to see AOE4 with awesoeme multiplayer game so we can see it in ESPORT for a long time , but thats not somethging we can expect from them… their master work was COH , even game was very nice they couldnt handle other aspects of game to be a title in ESPORTs …

AoE4 is presently under development and obviously MS has not yet begun public discussions with fans about the game. We have heard absolutely nothing about the game since it was announced last August. However, using the last 11 months to predict how MS will publicly discuss AoE4 with fans in the future is a bit misguided. MS has had a team of community managers handling the AoE franchise for many years. I would suggest a better predictor of how MS and Relic will communicate with us would be to look at how the same was handled in the most recent titles – 2011’s AoEO and 2014’s AoE: Castle Siege.

For both titles, very little was known or discussed at first. But once the lid was lifted, the Developers were very good with communications on the forum and elsewhere all through and after launch. I dare say MS’s track record of AoE fan communication is top notch once they finally buckle in.

Here, we don’t know much and don’t know when that will change. That’s just the present reality. It’s obviously pretty maddening now, but soon enough that will be over and nobody will really care anymore that they didn’t know something in the Summer of 2018. Just hang tight.

And in the event something wild changes and MS becomes awful at communication, you can be sure that they will hear about it from all of us. We fans need to pick our moments. I love this franchise and the people who make it deeply, but holy hell will I roar if they don’t live up to their own standards.

@AndyPXIII

I’m struggling to think of another game that, a year after being announced, has received no developer communication or updates, and for which there is still absolutely no information as to what it’s even about.

Cyberpunk 2077, took them 5 years to finally show it after the initial teaser.

1 Like

Most of the open world games and mmo’s are insanely big with an unbelievable amount of artwork. I don’t think that RTS games will take as much time to make. Allthough rts games may take more playtesting and rebalancing.

1 Like

True, and the thing is they had to create a new engine from scratch for Cyberpunk, whereas Relic will probably use their in house engine (although that one needs to be adapted to AoE to handle things like water combat and physics).

1 Like

I don’t have a wide enough knowledge of other games to be much help in a discussion about where MS’s handling of AoE fits into the greater industry, so I am willing to assume for the sake of argument that this delay in updates is bizarre and unprecedented. But even if so, I am not sure that any of us can then say with much certainty what effect, if any, the delay in updates will have on either the ultimate success of the game.

I mean, at least I’ve never been in a conversation where someone’s opinion of a game they played is somehow tainted by the delay in rolling out pre-launch information. (Though I know there are major problems when a developer rolls out early pre-launch information that turns out to be false. As we have been told nothing about AoE4, that is obviously is not the case here.)

2 Likes