Do you believe in AOE 4 success?

Do you believe it?

2 Likes

You have 11 topics now, and only 5 comments (1 of which is on your own topic, so it’s not like you’re trying to get a discussion going). Most off those topics are either on how you don’t think aoe4 will be a success or asking others if they think it will be a success. You’ve even started a topic addressed at everyone talking about trust issues, which is mainly you. I don’t really see the point in this topic on top of those previous 10.

2 Likes

As much as I love Age of Empires(more than anything in my life), in today’s time hype and questionable decisions by a company can potentially kill a game. Therefore, now a days it is good to see some proof of goodness before jumping to conclusion. Because if you do so, fanboys will be defending the doors of these types of companies. Luckily Age contains a lot more mature players so we wont have any problem, I hope. If the game is good, I myself lit fireworks to celebration of rebirth of AOE, if not, then I myself burn my computer.

I personally think it will be like by Halo Wars 2 and Age of Empires: Definitive Edition.
The game is good, Its just Microsoft does fail to sale it.

Microsoft doesn’t understand 1 mayor steam feature they can’t copy and that’s the social structure.
For Example recently I wanted to buy Surviving Mars, but it has bad ratings. So asked a friend and he told it’s OK no bugs and did stream his gameplay via steam, so I did give that later a try. It’s Ok, just difficult to play.

Point is Microsoft as company doesn’t understand what people want by their games.
-They want to play it on Steam and GoG
-They want their steam friends
-They want DRM free
-They want steam discounts
-They want bundles

Because of this “isolation politics” they will total ruin games potential.

To let people believe in AOE 4 success we would require
50 Euro Steam (Age of Empires: Definitive Edition + Age of Empires 4) pre order bundle.

Why would you bundle AoE4 with AoE1? Doesn’t make much sense to me. It should be available as a separate purchase, optionally there can be a bundle with the whole collection (AoE1:DE, AoE2:DE, AoE3:DE, AoE4).

@Huge5000RTSFan said:
I personally think it will be like by Halo Wars 2 and Age of Empires: Definitive Edition.
The game is good, Its just Microsoft does fail to sale it.

Microsoft doesn’t understand 1 mayor steam feature they can’t copy and that’s the social structure.
For Example recently I wanted to buy Surviving Mars, but it has bad ratings. So asked a friend and he told it’s OK no bugs and did stream his gameplay via steam, so I did give that later a try. It’s Ok, just difficult to play.

Point is Microsoft as company doesn’t understand what people want by their games.
-They want to play it on Steam and GoG
-They want their steam friends
-They want DRM free
-They want steam discounts
-They want bundles
I don’t really care the store. Steam friends, lol… 20 years ago this even exist.

Sorry but here is the problem:

1. You get more discounts on MS store with bing points than you would EVER in monopolized Steam.

2. MS store is softly DRM-free. You just download the game, and double click to launch it. Catch is, WIN 10.

3. You only need WIN 10, which everybody should have and not complain because everyone got it for free, and MS extended that give way too. And arguably WIN 10 is the best windows as of yet.

4. XBOX Live is one of the best multiplayer match maker service, just ask the people who play Halo multiplayer and games on XBOX. This is coming from a guy who owns PS4 Pro just to let you know and also has Xbox S.

5. Steam is like a gamer’s facebook (#deleteFacebook), we just show off our library, badges, etc. Trust me, you don’t play anything with your friends other than few above average multiplayer valve games. Proof? We all have AOE 2 HD in steam, then how many times have we played it with our friends? That game excels when we play with random people. It is an RTS game.

6. You may argue that Steam has more players, sure, but 3/5 of those people don’t play RTS games, and have no interest in these games. Just look at their Steam charts you will see. MOBA IS NOT RTS just to let you know.

7. LASTLY and the main point, MS is a company, if they want their franchises and dev companies to survive and be well paid then obviously they will use their platform for most profits. Otherwise Lord Gabe Newell will take cut on each copy of AOE over at Steam. Simple math: 1 copy sold at MS store = 99.99% profit. Whereas, 1 copy over at Steam=70%.

Every company is switching to their own platform to sell games now. Ubisoft, uplay (80% transition), EA, Origin(100% transition), CDPR, GOG (70% transition, GWENT is GOG exclusive, their next game will be too), Square Enix, Activision-Blizzard, EPIC, 2K-Firaxis…everyone is going away from Steam because they all want to keep their companies alive. Gamers always complain about expensive games , greedy practices, sure, some of these folks are greedy. But from business point of view, every company does same thing except majority of Indie.

Thanks.

How can you use Microsoft/Bing points, and where?

@Mehkind said:
Sorry but here is the problem:

1. You get more discounts on MS store with bing points than you would EVER in monopolized Steam.

1. Steam is like a gamer’s facebook (#deleteFacebook), we just show off our library, badges, etc. Trust me, you don’t play anything with your friends other than few above average multiplayer valve games. Proof? We all have AOE 2 HD in steam, then how many times have we played it with our friends? That game excels when we play with random people. It is an RTS game.

2. You may argue that Steam has more players, sure, but 3/5 of those people don’t play RTS games, and have no interest in these games. Just look at their Steam charts you will see. MOBA IS NOT RTS just to let you know.

3. LASTLY and the main point, MS is a company, if they want their franchises and dev companies to survive and be well paid then obviously they will use their platform for most profits. Otherwise Lord Gabe Newell will take cut on each copy of AOE over at Steam. Simple math: 1 copy sold at MS store = 99.99% profit. Whereas, 1 copy over at Steam=70%.

Every company is switching to their own platform to sell games now. Ubisoft, uplay (80% transition), EA, Origin(100% transition), CDPR, GOG (70% transition, GWENT is GOG exclusive, their next game will be too), Square Enix, Activision-Blizzard, EPIC, 2K-Firaxis…everyone is going away from Steam because they all want to keep their companies alive. Gamers always complain about expensive games , greedy practices, sure, some of these folks are greedy. But from business point of view, every company does same thing except majority of Indie.

Thanks.

5 &6-) yes Steam is very normie(casual) platform.I prefer GoG than that. There are many fanboys saying M$ but why they even try… Steam OS?

MOBA is casual genre for mostly of kids… even is more close to Clash of Clans than AoE.

7 ) Lord Gaben , where is your HL3? We will have AoE 4. The survivor of these kids, only care the money, steam is full of broken games.

do i believe that aoe4 will succeed? well i believe that aoe4 will be installed on my pc asap…

1 Like

@AAHale said:
If you use bing as a search engine (for some crazy reason) then you get these bing search points. With those search points, if enough, you can get a $5- $10 Xbox card through redeem method in the store which you can use to buy a newly launched game in the PC or Xbox.

@Mehkind said:

@AAHale said:
If you use bing as a search engine (for some crazy reason) then you get these bing search points. With those search points, if enough, you can get a $5- $10 Xbox card through redeem method in the store which you can use to buy a newly launched game in the PC or Xbox.

The only logical response to that is build a Bing search point mining rig, binging useless info all day and collecting the points. That has to already be a thing right? If not the points are obviously so worthless you don’t want to bother with them at all.

@“Pan Calvus” do you know how much money I saved on Sea of Thieves and Age of Empires DE, and Killer Instinct on the day of release. $30 collectively. So no they are not worthless. Also the place where I work still use Win 7 and it came with Explorer, and i use bing to do search. So…call me stupid but it works.

You see I think it will be a success if done right if they take the time to do it properly. But if I see that it resembles AoE 3 too much well then it will be a flop and I’ll just play AoE 3.

@“XtrA x Fuzzy” said:
You see I think it will be a success if done right if they take the time to do it properly. But if I see that it resembles AoE 3 too much well then it will be a flop and I’ll just play AoE 3.

I do not understand is if you think AoE 3 is a flop, or you like …

@CostlierParrot3 I’m saying that I love AoE 3 but if AoE 4 is the same thing with barely any differences, then what is the point of making a new game when they could have just made an update for AoE 3. That’s if it is they are the same.

Yeah, it should be its own game, not just a copy paste.

Right now i am actually back to giving Relic entertainment the benefit of the doubt. Before i wasn’t happy that microsoft doesn’t do it themselves (ensemble studio’s doesn’t exist anymore).

Right now it feels bad that relic entertainment isn’t sharing anything, not even one picture of one ingame cow or whatever. The idea is that they are making a large amount of big choices about aoe4 without us even knowing if they actually know what they are doing to our beloved aoe…

And besides that relic is notorious for having sick amounts of microtransactions. Those are like hidden costs you don’t expect before you buy the game. They keep adding stuff to the game and charge money for every small piece of ■■■■, while decent gaming companies would ask 30 dollars each year for a major expansion and that is inclusive new maps and patches comming out every month for free etc.

No.

@UnsnappedBoot7 said:
No.

Why?