Do you know any fun strategies?

Just to expend on this:

Ranked will try to learn your skill level and match you against players about your own skill level. There are some issues on the TG ladder, but 1v1 is working quite well. You might loose the first games, before the games have a better understanding of your skill, but after these initial games, you will mostly get equally skilled opponents.

The strategies of most players are indeed much more dynamic then the AI. It is much different then playing SP only. You will face much more different strats and every player will also react differently to your strategies. To me MP is much more fun for that reason.

1 Like

well, i rlly like this one strat where i go scouts in feudal and go 8 on gold instead of 5 and just before i reach castle i buy the stone for a castle (from market while having all feudal eco upgrades -stone mining) so when i reach castle i have 2 stable knights production +castle and enough to afford +2 / +2 armor, I do this with slavs and lithuanians but i am also using it for turks in which case i go for ca with sipahi

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2086604354

I enjoy playing this way because it’s very flexible and, if I choose to, the game is hardly ever the same each game - the defensive eco can be used by any civ, even goths
Or another civ with some adjustment if using donjons

1 Like

whats that website? a bit shocked my profile is just public like this. not like i ever agreed to this…

There are many third parties sites that uses aoe2 data. Most well known are aoe2.net (for leaderboard / match history for each player) and aoestats.io (for civ winrates). This one is another (not sure which one).

AOE2insights
Also AOEnexus

1 Like

found it its aoe2insights.com

Mongols 18 pop maa. Take boars after first sheep. Push 2 deer. Barracks before mill. Instant range, short after blacksmith and fletching. Add scouts if enemy goes full skirm. Definitely not a boring strat.

1 Like

Good old krepost konnik rush. It helps alot if you can build a 3 stack of krepost and move forward

Cav archers with a non cav archer civ.

Scorpion/onager push

Play meso and steal stable must win using that warrior

You can go for the spanish inquisition. Win with just monks and have the vills take down tc/monastery

I don’t like it either but well, with the API being public,nothing preventing it from getting exploited.

It is an utter violation of our privacy and I think we should call for the site to be taken down or at least have it need our consent to display our stats and such.

2 Likes

like cmon is just info about your games at AOE 2, nothing about personal info, is fine

In fact for several tournaments having to link your profile at those sites is a must to prevent smurfing.

1 Like

This info being public is important for transparancy and combatting cheaters/smurfs. And it’s funny when someone is talking s to look them up and usually that explains it all 11

Accepting this probably part of the installment of the game.

Who reads the MS agreement until the part that says “third party sites can get all ur data and yeet it in a more accessible place lol”. Can be pretty disturbing to find out this way. And while your records/game data being online is mostly harmless those sites do disclose your nationality publicly, which, you can imagine, some people don’t like.

I think for steam users it picks steam data, so if you don’t like it, just put fake country into steam

No, I don’t have a specified country on my Steam account but those sites do know my country despite that, so they have to get this info from MS.

Odd, cause it shows my fake country in that site (which is the same fake country as my steam one), and not my real one

I will try to set a fake country on my Steam account to see if it overwrites whatever snitches on me then.

Just use vpn. If you are worried about it. It will also keep people from getting other info from you.