Do you think the AOE Council done a good job?

Alas, this person simply refuses to accept simple and logical arguments.
They tried to talk to him politely and calmly, explaining where he was wrong and why, but the person stubbornly refuses to accept the facts and continues to stubbornly provoke a reaction.
I can interpret this as a provocation.
This person can be a good populist.
You should not be led to that.

Yes, this Is my Hope.

I have seen you do that as well here on the forums as short as the time has been since you joined, does that mean you provoke people?

I am not led to anyone on these forums

If anyone has provoked anyone here it is you, as you have extremely de-railed this thread with your debate about Jimmy being a provoker and, GUESS WHAT provoking him into answering

1 Like

Thanks man. My threads could sometimes seem hard but i a big fan of AOE as many of you here. I’m part of this Community since 2017 for some reason.
Cheers, dude.

1 Like

Maybe because every time I go to the forum I see, instead of interesting and important discussions, posts like “The Community Council is not competent, they do not work well”, or "I am not happy that I bought RTX and 4k and the game does not reveal my PC “or absolutely nonsense like” Why are trees growing in the game not in real time? ", do you have the patience to watch it calmly? I don’t.

I don’t care, after the show he put on in the CoH 3 thread, I don’t think I should be taking him seriously.

So you are a hypocrite? Complaining about someone being provoking yet provoking yourself and being ok with it?

Every game I have seen develop has gone through stuff like this, if you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen

Here comes Andy to put his moderator hat on and put an end to this, thank goodness

1 Like

I complain that a person who resists in his opinion provokes the community to react. That’s all, for example, today’s post is not just a provocation of the community, but also an insult to the Community Council, arguing that people do not work well or do not work correctly.

How is that an insult to the council?

Yet you are doing the same thing

Yes, this is quite an insult to the council.
The person has repeatedly mentioned in his messages that he does not believe in the work of the council (I think you can remember this), the person in this post casts doubt on the competence.
And excuse me if the formal “nothing personal” is enough for you, I don’t, it seems to me that a person makes a complaint about the competence of the Council.

What I write, proving something is logical conclusions. I have never argued that someone is doing badly, or that most of the community is playing “like this”, and not otherwise based on personal opinion.

No, it is not.

He has mentioned that he questions why the council did what they did, how is that an insult? If you as the head designer of a game make a decision and me as a lower designer question that decision because I personally think it is a bad decision, that is an insult?

No, he questions their decisions

So everything you write is logical and correct? Oh wow!!

I have never seen Jimmy do this either

You actually did

Then you said this is how most competitive players play on. So what is it really?

Every argument is always going to be based on personal opinion, you believe in facts because of
badadaduuuh PERSONAL OPINION

1 Like

LoL, the dude, in all seriousness, claims that he played all existing RTS, while he also claims that he plays with the maximum zoom, saying that the majority plays this way (Very similar to the truth, huh?), Then talk more than once about creating a special version of the game on purpose, because he bought a powerful PC and he is offended, although the game does not look bad, then he could not understand at close range that CoH and AoE are conceptually different games and it is stupid to compare them, then he made a verdict on the game based on the teaser footage (Wow, no one has done that yet), then he refused to understand that in the RTS gameplay is at the first stage of importance, and all this for the last month.
And after that we can talk about some kind of justice?
If a person is not a provocateur, then he is very strange, and does not understand at all how the genre works.

I think designing the game with lower graphics so everyone can play is good. We don’t want what happened with aoe 3 to happen again. But jimmy is right that it is a good idea to have a graphics pack for those who can and want to play with better graphics

You seem to be laboring under the belief that (1) the council is unanimous in its opinions, (2) we unanimously asked the developers to not give us “brillant and realistic graphic” or anything else in that poll, and (3) instead, we handpicked the existing graphics, which are in the game because of us.

The entire premise of your argument assumes facts that are false. It then gets worse from there.

I am in the council and actively participated in it during each opportunity. We could discuss publicly together, but then we submitted written feedback. Only some of us chatted publicly, and none of us read anyone else’s written feedback. So just as I am unable to tell you what the collective group agreed on, so too is the Viper unable to do so. So do not read his comments as some kind of gospel. I am sure that is not how he intended you to take it.

Of course we gave feedback on building and unit size and readability. This should come as no surprise. We gave feedback on every single aspect of the darn game. But neither the Viper nor I have any idea about exactly what we all said or how that informed the developer’s own conversations or other feedback they received from others.

Literally the only take away from the existence of the Council should be that it is cool that the developers of a AAA franchise had the presence of mind to recognize that its community understands aspects of the games perhaps better than those tasked with parachuting into a franchise 20 years into things.

Unless you collect the opinions of each and every member of the council, you will never know what we all said. I happily share my opinions of publicly revealed aspects of the game. But dont mistake my opinions with those of anyone else. I literally have no idea how the vast majority of the council feels about any particular aspect of the game. And neither do you.

4 Likes