Do you want more civ DLC's in the future? How many civs you want the game have?

I honestly couldn’t care less what civilisations they add, as long as they play in their own unique way and don’t start copy pasting like aoe2.

Balance will always be done because those DLCs will also grant them a few patches worth of balance changes anyway. if they keep adding a new DLC every 6 months, I am more than happy.

I’d also like other IAP, maybe soundtracks or artwork.

3 Likes

For those of you wanting a billion kajillion civs, WOL is the mod you seek. Great mod with a lot of fun ideas, but not something I’d want to see in a main official game.

Napoleonic Era is a much more appropriate inspiration for future civs, imh0

2 Likes

Persia is fine for me too. Oceania has never been featured in any Age game and to be honest, they would probably be more different to the other civs than SEA ones, even though I would love to see SEA civs too.

@KingStarscream9 WOL >>> NE. I much prefer the WOL approach than the NE one.

2 Likes

I was going to type this but sadly WOL is only possible in legacy .
DEs mod support is pathetic ngl

2 Likes

While I’m not eager for more major european civs, I’m also not against it. But I think it’s time to add euro maps with minor euro civs, as the original idea have been reworked it doesn’t make sense to not have those maps.
And I really wish we get more civs from Africa (all the way to the south this time, among regions Age of series has never been), Oceania, Middle Eastern and SEA. If it’s interspersed with Revolution civs, I also don’t mind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i am really pleased to see they added Mexico, even after AOE4 launched are still adding content. The more the merrier, and its nice that the games civs levels range from easy and straight forward to complex and rewarding. Not every civ release needs to break the mold with a new age up mechanic style, there are many native civs that could be added in using the native mechanics, or variations of things. Part of the appeal of AOE3 its not an entry level RTS, Its really for people who want added layers of complexity, and its just wonderful to have a game with so much variety within maps, Gaia, unit types etc…
Hoping for more great things to come.

2 Likes

As a long time AoE3 player, and the original AoE3 being my #1 game of all time, I must throw in my two cents.

I personally wish they had never added any more civilizations than the original 8.

The whole deal with AoE3 was it was supposed to be centered around colonizing the New World.

New maps and cards have always been appreciated. New native civs to ally with using trading posts as well.

I did like the Warchiefs expansion, but then TAD came and the game at that point became almost impossible to balance properly, although still possible.

After DE and the vast changes to the meta of the game was when I realized I can no longer play. The game is just too different from the original AoE3. It saddens me because DE has split the AoE3 community, and the competitive community that once thrived is basically non existent.

DE had some salvageable potential, and I mean very little but still there… until the United States civ was released… then these African civs, and now Mexico? Please stop destroying the game I used to know and love.

Can you imagine if Blizzard did this? and instead of developing the original three civs they just kept adding new ones?

There’s a saying that goes like this “Less is more.”

2 Likes

Actually I found that DE was course correcting the train-wreck Asian dynasties was, Inca made Aztec less lonely and Sweden was an interesting addition to the standard roster of european civs.

The african royals was much better than Asian dynasties influence is a better version of export and the civs don’t feel diffferent for the sake of different like india and japan with restricted use of herdables and hunts.

USA was an odd strange civ that recycled assets…a bit lazy yeah but Mexico makes USA fit in more.

2 Likes

With the addition of the Mexico civ, America is now part of a new culture and not the lonely odd one.

This is what I want.

3 Likes

No crees que eres un poco melodramático? además las 8 originales eran demasiado similares entre si, las expansiones le dieron mas vida al juego y nuevas formas de juego.

1 Like

which does no good but limiting the potential of the game.
How many people would advertise AOE3 to someone else using “the game is exclusively about Europeans colonizing the new world and nothing else!!!” as a main selling point?

It might surprise you, but original AOE3 had 20 card limit, several civs having one factory, skirmishers countering all infantry and dragoons countering all cavalry. In that case TWC makes the biggest meta change of the game ever.
This is a perfect example of “Any change made 20 years ago is taken for granted. Any change made now is doomed”.

I suppose it means “your small community”.

There is a reason why SC2 kept exploring co-ops and other single player contents. They always need to expand the game in some way, just in different directions.
And Blizzard games are based on fictional races. Unlike AOE where you already have so many choices from the real world that do not need much world-building to make.

And there is a saying that goes like this “The more the better”.

Seriously, throwing out idioms is probably the worst way of proving any point.

9 Likes

Me thinks you should stop paying so much attention to corporation brainwashing at your workplace.

4 Likes

In AoE 3 DE less is less and we won’t settle for less. We want more civs!! Majority do even in Reddit and Steam forums.

6 Likes

Personally I think one of the reasons SC is so stale (to me) is that is does not add in new civs. I think they could do a lot by adding in new stuff…

1 Like

Rework Portugal, Take the organ gun out. Fix the grammar erros please .

Add the cartaz technolgy (fits in the Era) and take the spanish tech out.

Give the portuguese a special ship the Nau.

Would be cool if the devs could fix few of erros that was made in the past because of no reasearch.

The only thing that is real portuguese in this game is

Caravel and the Caçador

Please give the ottomans a second infantry unit

If they could do this would be so awesome. But I think it dont will happen and still will be a nice dream. Because portugal is not mainstream and uninteressting for the most people.

4 Likes

thing about the Nau is that it quiet clearly would be a caravel replacement, and they already had such a ship in the original release (galley for ottomans).

2 Likes

Wow, dont remember that more, was young on release.