Does Russia lacks creativity? Weak Late game?

in late games your units lacks against same enemy units, our only option is to mass unit and rapid-counter due to the flexibility of group instant training.
oprichnik is a very unique and good unit, and can deal a letal blow to the enemy economy, but im starting to find it hard to stealth-mass, and get it into enemy bases. they are usually wraped in like 3 walls, and train single units also pretty fast
blockhouses may look like the perfect building, outpost+barracks, but caped at only 7, you cant map control and fortify your base at the same, because you run out of cap too quickly, you have to destroy unused blockhouses to build new ones near combat or enemy bases.
maybe it is trying to push us to chage to cavalry and artillery. there is cards to upgrade mortars and stuff. but the cavalry archer isnt even comparable to the dragoons

1 Like

I concur. The game is harder for Russia to stealth-mass. The improved Immigrants card helps civilizations train units slightly faster (taking away from Russia’s insta-spam specialty) and helps them react faster with counters to my instantly made army.

I find myself rarely ever using opris now, actually. I only really use them after I beat their main army just to take down forward bases faster than artillery would. Gone are the days where you could send an opri box and take down 4-5 walls in 20 seconds lol.

To Khorix about Russia being bad in Supremacy games, yeah, it absolutely sucks for Russia. There used to be days where I could just rush 40 infantry and my shipped cossacks around their base and by not letting them hunt, I just kill their military shipments and minutemen and go about my day. But these competitive maps make it easy for them to survive. There’s always food available for them.
Late Age 2 is the worst if the rush failed, and you always feel drained and behind. Then Age 3 is just impending doom because Russian units just absolutely suck in that age.
I find myself walling up 2-3 layers (immediately after I’m rushing, or during it) in order to delay the incoming doom in Age 3. It’s a hard life.

Definitely, as another passionate Russian player, I agree too that strelets need at least 18 range and half pop to be doable. They still only cost 47.5 resources and have 2 buff cards (Boyars and Strelet Combat), so there’s no need to ask for more. But I would feel way knowing that I have 60 strelets fighting 30 skirmishers and still have room for cav and more artillery.

That feels more like the Russian way, winning by swarming. Lol

5 Likes

I totally agree with you. “Natinal redoubt” card must again increase the limit of building forts, but maintaining the bonus for the musketeers.

Yeah, that is correct, My suggestion here is to remove the card ‘’ Castrametation ‘’ For russia, And enable National redoubt to be the card that allows musk to build forts and increase limit +1, while keeping the current bonus to musks* . because as of right now. There are way too many cards as russia and only 25 space limit

1 Like

How do we get developers to hear these suggestions?

You guys realize you want to buff Russia because you can no longer 100% lame rush by blocking players only herd ?

Russia is a perfect nation as it is, and the early mass is OP as always.

We are talking about a civ that can instant spawn 100 inf, spawn vills 9 per 9 and that make units on their towers, it’s OP enough.

Not even talking about the fact you can build the casemate at age 1, and instant start to mass when u reach age 2. ^^

then make it can impossible to build on the 1age

even if it build on the 1 age, high-skilled players can easily block the 2 age rush in their own way because they expect the rush,

natives can also built Bh on the 1age and Aztec, Hawde, Inca do that.