Does this game look good on a QHD (2560x1440) monitor?

Does anyone play AOE2DE on a QHD (2560x1440) monitor? Would you mind posting some gameplay screenshots here?

I’m curious to see the default zoom level, the most zoomed out level, and the most zoomed in level.

I’ve been playing AOE2DE on a 1080p (1920x1080) monitor. I’m considering buying a 27" QHD (2560x1440) monitor soon, but I’d like to know if AOE2DE looks good on it.

One thing I’m particularly interested in is whether the minimap will use extra pixels in order to show more detail, or if it will just keep using the same number of pixels.

I dont know how to post pics but i have 32in 1440p and it is glorious. I would suggest the upgrade if your graphics card can handle it. I started on a 680 with 1080p and upgraded to 3070 and 1440p. Best upgrade ive done. Super crisp.

Windows + Printscreen and then just paste it here.

Do you have the QHD DLC installed?

how do i tell if I have QHD installed?

turns out i didn’t give me a sec sorry. didnt know that was a thing

1 Like

Ill need you to rely as you can only post 3 times in a row

turns out you can post more then one pic in at the same time. I don’t see much of a difference. I feel I can see a bit more then i use to. Its more noticeable in other games. I think it was a good upgrade.

Thank you so much, @DjBillE! It looks like the minimap and most of the UI does get scaled up, but the buildings and units stay the same number of pixels (at least at the default zoom level). I think that will be nice. I look forward to being able to see so much more of the battlefield at a time :slight_smile:

NP glad to have helped. I also learned a few things in the process thank you

With a 43 inch screen at 4k resolution and Enhanced graphics pack looks amazing (zoom levels are the same as with 1080p NO Enhanced graphics pack). With 4k but no EGP it looks too zoomed out for me (units very small). I dont use this screen for playing tho.