Dos Pilas Bugged and Preventing Completion

Game Version:

• Build (34793)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:
Objectives never updated after advancing to Castle Age, preventing completion of the scenario even if all enemies are defeated/a wonder constructed.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Play Dos Pilas
  2. Boom without advancing to Castle until Cakamul begins to attack.
  3. Advance to Castle.
  4. Never be given a new objective.
  5. Defeat every player (I even defeated Tikal and Uaxctun)
  6. Not be awarded the victory.
4 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue.

Game Version:
• Build (34793)
• Platform (Steam)
Issue:
Objectives never updated after advancing to Castle Age, preventing completion of the scenario even if all enemies are defeated/a wonder constructed.
Reproduction Steps:

1. Play Dos Pilas (any difficulty)
  2. Boom without advancing to Castle until Cakamul begins to attack.
    -OR-
  3. Progress within 10 – 15 minutes before Cakamul attacks.
  4. Advance to Castle Age.
  5. Missions never progress and never given an option to chose either Tikal or Cakamul.
  6. Defeat Mayan Raiders and destroy all buildings including walls, and complete other given side missions.
  7. Wait 3 hours Naranjo never asks for help.
  8. Destroy all buildings for Naranjo including walls
  9. Destroy all buildings for Cakamul including walls
  10. Destroy all buildings for Tikal including walls
  11. Destroy all buildings for Uaxactun including walls
  12. Destroy all buildings for Local Villages.
  13. Destroy all units on map (except player’s)
  14. Build Wonder
  15. Surround Cakamul spawn point in castles and kill all units as they spawn.
  16. Let game idle for 5 hours, nothing changes.
  17. Destroy all player buildings including town center and walls out of frustration.
  18. Lose game.
  19. Cry
4 Likes

I have the same issue with that level. :frowning:

2 Likes

Same issue here also, doesn’t update after castle age…

1 Like

Sorry for my english (i’m french)

I had the same problem as you. I’ve found the solution.

The problem happens if we try to prevent calakmul (violet) from approaching your forum of Dos Pilas. Let the army of calakmul reach the contact of the forum and it triggers the continuation.

I destroy myself door and i let my army on standby away, Calakmul army comes into contact to the forum and finally the Calakmul Army stop and it striggers the choice between Tikal or Calakmul …

1 Like

I just want to say this is still an issue as I couldn’t progress this mission either. First attempt at one of the historical battles (they’re the last “campaigns” I need to complete) and I thought I broke my game somehow. Glad to see it’s not just me. I got to imperial age, defeated the mayan raiders, and totally destroyed the purple town minus the walls, but objectives never changed from “town hall must remain standing”

1 Like

Thanks I just checked this solution and it worked for me.

To clarify IF you allow Calakmul to reach your Town Center then they will claim the city of Dos Pilas and then the event forcing you to chose between Tikal and Calakmul is triggered and allows the scenario to progress.

Thank you I had completely given up on this campaign and the game as i couldn’t 100% the achievements, but now I can finish this.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **Build: 101.10137906.0.5105673
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

… therefore triggering and endless army of enemy attack forces. This campaign is not playable because of this bug.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Play the Dos Pilas campaign, and advance to the Castle Age

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.39284.0 5297380
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Adalwolf Eis

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

I tried to play through the historical mission Dos Pilas, but the game bugged out. I repelled purple long enough, but was never given a choice to choose who I would ally with. Even after defeating purple, the game would not end.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Play the historical mission Dos Pilas.
  2. Repel the invading force long enough to be given a choice on who to ally with.
  3. The game will bug and not give you a choice of who to ally with.
  4. I was able to defeat purple, but the game would not end.
  5. Feel like a turkey.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

The saved game would not load.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).

Your Town Center needs to get damaged, otherwise the scenario cannot proceed.

Thank you for the report(s) and for the information that a trigger is not activating properly. I’ve passed along all of this information to the team so they can take a look at what can be done to either clarify the objectives or make tweaks to the triggers of the scenario to prevent it from stalling.

Thanks again for sharing this information!

1 Like

It can proceed without the town center being damaged. However, sometimes it just gets stuck and the trigger does not activate.

1 Like

I cannot even load a save from this mission, its totaly bugged as â– â– â– â– , hahaha.
“Failed to load game” error

It still does not allow me to select a civ after Castle Age. You guys are aware that it’s not possible to complete the campaigns without this, right?