Double Click - Selects all units on map

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: V. 100.12.30181.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Double clicking a unit select ALL similar units on the map, not just the ones in view. Happens every time for military and villager alike.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start any game type
  2. spread villagers or a military unit type all over the map.
  3. Double click one unit

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
All units of that type will be selected within the screen limits

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

4 Likes

Hi @Sleepy4201,
Did you by any chance alter the hotkey for this feature?
It can be found in: Find Unit Hotkeys → Find All Of Selected Type.

Never changed it. but I changed it from “Legacy” to “Default”, and reset to default. No dice. thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

same bug here since latest update, it’s quite annoying for micro

1 Like

In age of 2 De, double click only select idle villagers. I like it this feature.

I have this same problem. I described my ordeal with a few more words in this comment.

Also, I noticed the double-clicking happens even when clicking on other things on the screen while in a match. For example, trying to open deck or the menu.

2 Likes

My brother bought the game last week and had the same problem. I assumed it was a problem with his hotkeys but maybe not after reading that other people have the same issue.

1 Like

I believe it started with the update in June. This wasn’t a problem prior to that update.

1 Like

The problem is due to the update and it has not been fixed even though it has been more than 1 month. Lots of people are having the same problem. They should take care of Age 3 as well.

Hi guys, we’re now tracking the issue of some people having their double-click behavior being map wide.

2 Likes

The problem of selecting all units on double-clicking remains. It should choose what appears on the map. The problem still persists in beta.

Double click on villager should select only idle villager like Age of 2.

I have the same problem

Thank you. Weirdly it doesn’t affect all units / doesn’t do that all game long. But assigning a task to some villagers and seeing them all crossing the map to complete is heart breaking :baguette_bread: