Double tapping hotkey does not snap to TC/Explorer

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: V. 100.12.18493.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Double tapping my ‘find unit’ TC & Explorer button does not snap to my TC and Explorer respectively when I have the ‘Hotkeys snap to unit’ toggled off. Instead it only cycles through the TCs and explorers instead of panning to the them.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a game
  2. Build a few TCs
  3. Double tap in quick succession ‘find the unit’ hotkey for TC and Explorer

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

On double tapping the ‘find the unit’ hotkey for TC and explorer, your screen must pan to the TC and explorer respectively.
However on retrospect, different players are used to different settings due to a bug since legacy.

SOLUTION:

I believe this would be the optimal solution to our problem. Please look into this.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Look at the mini map on the bottom left.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

wrong.age3Ysav (2.2 MB)

2 Likes

I disagree with this statement because that is up to preference and I like it how it is now.

Ideally the “Hotkeys snap to unit” option should be changed from a toggle switch to a 3 option switch with “off/1st select/2nd select”.

1 Like

Thanks @Harchah. I’ve made an edit to my op.

This is a known issue and it is being tracked by our team. Thanks for the report!

4 Likes

Hi, the latest patch hasn’t fixed this issue. Please address this soon!

1 Like

Yes, this issue has been present for several patches now. Just go back to what it used to be, It’s very annoying playing civs with 2 heroes or with more than 1 tc like this…

3 Likes

Hi, it’s been a year, and this is still not fixed!

1 Like

Yeah this is annoying, I wish it worked exactly like on legacy.

1 Like

@Ippert @gmenyhart @vividlyplain @Breadalus can y’all have a look at this please?

1 Like

We are still tracking this internally. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. :+1:

1 Like