Dracula 3 "The Breath of the Dragon" - ennemies not activating

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

  • GAME BUILD #: 101.102.28520.0 (#94056) 12194550
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When playing the third scenario from Dracula’s campaign, “The Breath of the Dragon”, the enemy AIs (players 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8) will not activate once the ottoman army is defeated and Giurgiu is captured, and stay inactive for the entire duration of the scenario. Villagers are standing idly, military units are idle and are only moving to catch an enemy unit or attack an enemy building if one is close, and buildings are not producing anything.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

  • 100% of the time (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

  1. Launching the scenario from the campaign menu.
  2. Destrying the purple (player 2) towers and castle in Giurgiu.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The enemy AIs (players 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8) are supposed to be active either from the beginning of the scenario, or when the ottoman (player 2) towers and castle are destroyed and the player takes control of Giurgiu.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Novoselo (player 8) being inactive and having done nothing even after 49 minutes (in-game time), even though the player has captured Giurgiu.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

(I can’t put a save here, the website is preventing me from doing so because my account is not old enough)

Hi @Kuriotate
I couldn’t reproduce this issue, are you using mods?
Thanks for your report.

Don’t know if that helps, but I recently had to make changes to all my scenarios/campaigns because, since last patch, some ancient ways of scripting AI activation in scripts simply didn’t seem to work anymore. In some cases they still activate, in other cases not.

With more simple code lines to activate AI, everything seem to work again as intended. But I suspect that it could be the case, for campaigns created a long time ago, that some AI scripts encounter this very problem, and thus don’t trigger.


I tested the mission, and everything is working fine in my game as well. The AIs (all of them) do activate right at the start.

It must be a mod related issue, probably with one interfering/loading additional scripts to the game on launch. I’d recommend to deactivate all mods, check for missing files via Steam, and then check again.

1 Like

Thanks for answering so quickly !

I was sure i disabled every one of my mod when testing after discovering the “bug”, but it seems that I forgot one of them, which was the culprit. Apologies for bothering you, have a good day !

1 Like