Dual Monitor displaying Incorrectly

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 62085.0 8752729
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When in Full screen mode the game gets displayed half on one of my 2 monitors, and the other half on the 2nd monitor. There is an easy workaround of border less screen mode so this is a pretty minor issue.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    This only started happening today but it has been consistent today.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Have 2 monitors
  2. Be in Full Desktop and have something go wrong when launching the game.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
My game would only be displayed on one monitor/ the game should recognize I have 2 monitors not 1 big one.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

The black sides are taking up half of each monitor on the left + right sides respectively.
Note the resolution options are messed up, both monitors are 1920 by 1080 and it adds that together.

Borderless window mode for what should be displayed.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*N.A.
Other information
I do know I updated windows since the last time I played and so I went and dug into my windows settings to see if something changed there but nothing of note came up.

I can also that out of about 4 different games I’ve played + other applications this is the only one with this issue happening.

But I went and dug out some window settings/monitor settings in case it helps.

Monitor 1

Monitor 2

Windows Display Settings

Doing some more investigating on the windows update it seems unlikely it was the cause of the issue as there wasn’t a driver update recently.

Looking through the installation times for updates means it would have been either this cumulative update

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/june-14-2022-kb5013887-cumulative-update-for-net-framework-3-5-and-4-8-for-windows-10-version-20h2-windows-server-version-20h2-windows-10-version-21h1-and-windows-10-version-21h2-b3bba918-9e0e-49cf-81e4-ab86ab7f76b6

An antivirus definitions update, or this .net framework update
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/june-14-2022-kb5013887-cumulative-update-for-net-framework-3-5-and-4-8-for-windows-10-version-20h2-windows-server-version-20h2-windows-10-version-21h1-and-windows-10-version-21h2-b3bba918-9e0e-49cf-81e4-ab86ab7f76b6

hi @bengute

Thanks for your report. I cannot think of any reason why this behaviour might happen because the game has not been updated in the last few days. Could you try verifying game files? (aoe2de in steam, properties, local files, verify integrity of game files)

If the problem is not solved, please contact support:

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Good luck!

I"m not to worried about it if can’t get fixed as I certainly don’t mind playing in Borderless windows, frankly I’m not even sure why I wasn’t already in that game mode for aoe2 as I normally choose it if the option is available. Verifying game files sadly did not fix the issue, thanks for the response.