Easy AI Too Hard

You would be better off observing multiplayer matches :wink:

1 Like

Whats the best way to do that? Youtube? I like the built in observe feature in game. Would be cool if there was a community hub that you could observe other players in

The Hard or Hardest AI’s are simply booming the entire game.

1 Like

You must use sheep meat to be quicker. Don’t build farms earlier.

You should build a barrack in feudal and train units. Especially spearman. They are only weak against archers, but over all good and versatile unit.

The game has two endings. You can rush with rams in feudal age, or rush with cannons in castle or imperial age.

Always play all visable maps and see which unit enemy is massing most, and produce the counter units

1 Like

On YouTube there are mostly pros and some build order guides.
I would guess just going into the multiplayer - observe tab ingame could be helpful, you can also click on each profile to check their statistics.

1 Like

Oh, one last one I forgot is to build and use the marketplace. Many newer players forego it entirely. The caravans aren’t really what’s important here but the ability to swap resources for other ones. You can amass wood and food much easier and swap it for gold or stone which is harder to amass.

1 Like

I’ve found the the AI has “builds”:

• It will stone wall it’s own base.
  • Get spears and archers into your base as a raid.
  • Get light cavalry into your base as a raid
  • Will absolutely flood your base early game.

The AI will do other things; but if it goes into the rush build (last example), it will only flood your base relentlessly every minute with reinforcements. I believe this is the scenario many new players are facing, as the AI will not do this every game.

Welcome to AoE4 and the forums!

Definitely do the training, art of war. Also if you have friends that also have never played AoE, they might be fun to play with as well.

Watching streams, YouTube videos for tips will also help a lot. The fastest Ive made it to age 2 was something in the 4 minute range.

Yeah sorry but the easy ai never goes past like 40 population and never seems to leave dark age. Make sure you are constantly training villagers and maybe look for a build order to follow. Farm man official has some good ones on YT. You can even create custom games with no opponent while you learn a build etc but once you do, you will likely crush easy ai in about 10 minutes maximum

1 Like

What is the earliest time anyone has managed to beat the Easy AI? 9:45 is my best for English vs English. I tried going with spears as Abbasid as an alternative approach, but men at arms were too strong against them. I tried going with fewer archers to have more wood for rams earlier, but reducing from 10 to 8 slows down the building of the rams and you lose more time killing enemy units, so I found 10 to be faster.

how do you place the mine without the villager moving?
@breeminator

Just shift click to queue the action.

Thanks, ive been wishing this was a thing the whole time but never figured it out

play the art of war challenges if you can’t get silver on the eco ones, keep trying. the Ai is attacking you early on because your score is low and due to that your losing workers. That being said attacks after 10m you should be ready for

I could only defeated the moderate AI and it was really hard. Never tried hard or hardest AI.

Basically, i rushed in feudal age with my troops and 2 rams.

Hardest AI dies to the same ram rush. Doesn’t feel hard at that point in the game.

Probably it would be impossible to win the game if someone miss the feudal ram rush opportunity, and let the hardest AI to boom. I think it would boom like crazy.

Alot of topics have ai issues listed, many have been documented and sent in now. They might be starting to work on it. @anon63664082 might decide whether these all get merged.

Yeah it ended up saving me big time once i figured it out

This is great information, thank you

1 Like