Easy AI Too Hard

The easy AI does launch small attacks, it’s definitely more than what the easiest AI in AOE2 does (doesn’t even reach 10 villagers and if it attacks you within an hour that’s a surprise).

My partner and I are finding it difficult to play AOE IV in the so-called easy mode against AI. It’s more difficult than AOE2’s easy mode. Does anyone else feel the same way about the game? Would it be possible to either make a super easy mode or make the AI not attack as often / a treaty time when you won’t be attacked? I would also suggest that there is a distinct lack of civs for the price we have paid when you see how many there are in the other AOE games.

Please feel free to say how your game play is affected and if it’s too hard in easy mode where you cannot have a decent game and it’s over in less than twenty minutes due to constant attack. :face_with_head_bandage:

Thank you. :sob:

I put a video up showing how to beat the easy AI in under 10 minutes. It’s honestly not that hard with a bit of practice, I’m far from being good at the game.

If you can learn how to do that, you should also be able to beat it without attacking so early. If you make longbows but don’t attack and don’t make rams, the longbows should be able to defend your base. Keep your base compact so your town centre mostly protects you. If you build a palisade wall to enclose your base, walling in your closest gold, stone, trees and berries, the longbows can kill anything that tries to break through the wall, villagers can repair damaged walls, and you should be fine until you need to expand, and then you’ll have military to protect you while you wall additional space.

You are not alone, the Hardest AI is struggling as well against their unit spamming :smiley:

Thank you breeminator for your link to the game, you make it look very easy to win in 10 minutes :grinning: :+1:

I agree Duke, AOE2 is easier, I also think you have to be very quick to start your village and have enough manpower to build your defences like Breeminator in AOE4. It also helps if you can remember hotkeys, which I can’t. I’ll try, try, try again until I win a game in easy mode. LOL. :+1:

Some very good tips, thank you everyone. :+1:

just use Delhi as i did xD i could not defeat Delhi with Romans, today i tried Delhi and they are too OP easy victory in 30ish minutes :smiley:
Some civs seems that honestly suck against other civs, or Delhi needs nerfing :smiley:

You seriously over-estimate the hardest AI. It does some silly things that you can punish, and it isn’t good at strategizing.

You can go all the way to imperial on one TC, no dock, no walls, no towers and beat the hardest AI after completely failing a “too late” ram rush.

Instead of building a bunch of farms behind all of its stone walls, it setup unguarded mills close to my base to collect hunts and shore fish. When it ran out of gold on its side of the map (the map spawn favoured me, but I’m too dumb to exploit it lol), it setup mining camps next to my base and my army instead of going for the gold that was much further away.
When it is going to lose an engagement, it also pulls all of its troops out as one group, so they travel as slow as the slowest troops.
It tried to kill 6 firelancers by swarming them with about 20 villagers, because it had no military anywhere near the two mining camps it had setup.

Sorry for disagree !
I think Hardest AI is too easy, need more Challenge like AI in AOE 2 DE

Go play with a weak bot noob :smiley:
That’s the only opponent you’re going to beat :slight_smile: