Easy fix for Mongol TC drop exploit

My point still stands.

its not a nerf they will calculate no of tiles from enemy TC and then you can place your TC.
That too only for the landmark TC.

Apparently there is a bug that causes the tc to have more speed than it should with the upgrade.

They could work on fixing that bug first and if it is still too strong then just move the tech that boost the tc speed to feudal

2 Likes

I actually think this is the worst way to fix it. It could still allow the Mongol TC to cover the gold depending on map gen.

They should just fix the broken tech and/or move it to feudal age.

3 Likes

There already is a huge economic penalty, they can’t make villagers.

Well with that strategy neither can your enemy

1 Like

are you understanding this not one sided?
both players can’t place their land mark TC close to each other.
Land mark TC is different from other TC.

Why would you think that? Did you not see that I replied to you with what I thought was a fix? I said I thought your suggested fix was insufficient because depending on map gen the Mongol player could still use this tactic.

nope they can’t, every TC has a range you can’t kill vills unless they come in range. Also can only affect capital TC AKA landmark TC.

the devs are already going with this approach, they have stated that in known issues. The suggestion you are giving does not solve the problem. The speed bug will be fixed.

There is no guarantee that your gold will be in your TC range. If it isn’t then the Mongol player can still deny the gold…

Yes, true, but at least it’s going to be a lot easier to manage denying set up only for the gold deposit rather than your whole base and woodline.

But now it’s just dependent on map gen. With an unlucky one you could still be screwed by this.

They said they were creating an area, I bet it’s a much larger area than your suggestion.

That’s my issue with this solution, in order to work the area must be very large, large enough to ruin this or similar tactics at any stage. I actually want tactics like this to be viable, but fair. Currently it’s not fair since it requires blind countering and the TC is faster than any unit but a horseman.

1 Like

I don’t like this solution very much as well but I have a feeling this is an emergency fix considering it’s the only balance issue they acknowledged they are working on fixing. I assume a better solution will come with the first substantial balance patch.

2 Likes

Yes and I will happily create another thread then to state what an unprofessional fix this would be in a strategy game.

Also, the range of this blocking area needs to be huge to prevent the mongol player to camp your wood, gold etc. If it is not in reach of your TC, you will still be dealing with that moving fortress.

1 Like

I agree with this, exactly my thoughts. Also, I dont think the TC drop should be eliminated completely, it should just be nerfed greatly so it’s easy to deal with just as it is easy to do the drop, similar to the TC douche in AoE2.

2 Likes

This just shows they haven’t fully understood the problem. The problem isn’t only placing the TC near the other player’s TC, it’s placing it so it can hit their resource collection in other locations, and the fact that it can be extremely quickly packed, moved, and unpacked again, to constantly follow villagers around. Having said that, if it were limited to being placed far enough from a TC that it can’t shoot villagers collecting from sheep next to the TC, and so that newly produced villagers can leave the TC without being shot, that would reduce the effectiveness of the strategy quite a lot.

2 Likes

exactly thanks for stating, btw you can snipe resource collection using Khan and falcon.

+1 on this. I think fixing the speed is the real thing here as keeping it as a viable rush tactic if the opponent doesn’t scout I think is good for the game. That said, if scouted, it really should just be as simple as sticking a unit to it to block. Or even make the speeds very minisculy different to encourage early game micro battles.

1 Like

This is such a mental gymnastics rubberband solution… Like damn… Just fix the damn speed and/or move the upgrade to feudal…

If devs are going to go this ridiculous road any further the I don’t know…

then whats your solution?