Economic Stance for Healers and Military Gatherers

The way healers are selected and used is wildly inconsistent. Griots, Abuns, and Warrior Priests aren’t summoned by the gather all military command, but all other healers are. Healers are also counted as military units when selecting with a drag box which makes selecting Villagers grouped with them very difficult.

There are also several units that have a dual role as a combatant or support unit and a gatherer. Most of these units are classed as military so they never trigger an alert for being idle or show up in your gatherer counts, and they are pulled away from your economy every time you use the gather all military command.

These issues would be solved by giving the units different stances to make them behave in the way that a player desires. They should also be counted as gatherers in the resource display no matter what.

Economic Stance

In this stance, units would be classed entirely as economic units. They would ignore the gather all military command, be considered Villagers when using a drag box selection, and trigger an idle Villager warning when not working.

This stance would be available to healers that contribute to the economy such as Abuns, Warrior Priests, Medicine Men, Priestesses, and Griots. It would also be available to military units that can gather such as Karelian Jagers, Sans Culottes, Gauchos, Klamath Riflemen, and Fulani Archers.

Support Stance

In this stance, units would obey the gather all military command, be considered military units when using a drag box selection, and not trigger any idle Villager warnings. However, when using the attack move command, they would position themselves in the back and start supporting allies instead of charging into battle. This stance would be available to healers and units with support auras like Drummers, Daimyos, Mansabdars, and some Heroes. This would be even more useful if more healers could heal in battle like how Abuns can.

12 Likes

To clarify, these stances would be in addition to the regular military stances for combat units, and non combat units could still be made to attack by individually selecting units to attack.

1 Like

I’m still very annoyed by aztecs wp run out of plaza if i select military. That’s the reason i don’t play that,civ