Elo is going to be added in lobbies, but not the way it should be done

God, how many 3v3 on Deccan I played until a realized that the premade team have a unfair advantage against some random guys teaming up?

In at least 95% of ms+ or lt+ lobbies the teams would be random, so you can’t predict. You would only split double factions, e.g. double port.

people can manipulate team games just like they manipulate 1v1. Just like on 1v1,

You’re viewing this through the lens of a 1v1 player…

I think the most accurate measure for a team player ability is when he is in a random map, with teammates that he does not know, without any premade strategy.

A: It does for 1v1 AND a small minority(mainly new) players which don’t mind the dull/repetitive meta of age 2 otto/india/russia/rushing or hussar/sioux villager hunting.
A2 short: The real competitive part of aoe3 for most people was 3v3 Deccan or GP, either of which we can’t solely search for now!
A2 long: Quickmatch has a lot of maps which are uncompetitive for most factions in 3v3; The main reason people loved Deccan is factions like Port, Dutch, France, Spain, China actually had a chance.
To elaborate, most maps(remain after their balance changes) have food wayyy too far away from TC, this means as the game gets longer, villagers have to go too far out to get food and suceptible to villager hunting. To avoid this players rush the opponent on most maps.

Of course you always can play on lobbies for fun, but those should not be rated

A1: Why should you be able to dictate to us how we should play?
A2: We can no longer avoid ‘problematic’ players from the lobby. We can no longer avoid racist/BPD/rude players. Furthermore we can no longer avoid the inevitible cheaters which will come into the game; after the money dries up in a few years and there’s nobody to mod this game since it’s made by a indie studio, we need players to have a degree of authority which custom games offered.
A3: See above arguments. Plus the arguments listed in the thread below.

I think you are arguing about ‘lobbies vs QS’ which has been discussed in Developers, a CALL TO ACTION. Mutliplayer needs FIXING!
and the devs seem to have conceded to our arguments, this is a seperate discussion on seperating ranks.