ELO ranking is not centralized even though same Xbox account

Game Version:

• Build 28529 both Windows Store & Steam client

Issue:

ELO ranking is not centralized if you use the Steam version or Microsoft Store version, even though you’re logged in with your Xbox account. Which should be.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Be the owner of a steam client copy
  2. Be the owner of a Microsoft store client copy
  3. Make sure you are logged in with your Xbox account in both clients (from the ingame menu)
  4. Make sure you played a valid ranked games on one of the clients (win or lose doesn’t matter). It does matter whether you played 1vs1 or 2vs2 etc. Stick with the same mode
  5. Verify that your ranking is showing by checking a self hosted ranked game
  6. Boot up the client you played a ranked match and host the same ranked game as you played before -> ELO should show
  7. Boot up the other client and host the exact same ranked game mode -> ELO doesn’t show.

What is the point of logging in with your Xbox account on the Steam client if your ELO isn’t centralized?

Screenshots below:
Steam client, logged in Xbox account, 1vs1 DM ranked game hosted. ELO shows

Windows Store client, logged in Xbox account, 1vs1 DM ranked game hosted. No ELO shown

It’s been 3 years and this is still a problem for me. I have a whole bunch of ranked games on Xbox that didn’t sync when I logged in to the Steam version with my Xbox login.

They are technically different games, none of the AOE games sync between store and steam.

1 Like