Empire Wars start on Marketplace doesn't work (and please remove unnecessary cruel impalement showings)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Hotfix 61591
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The EW start doesn’t work anymore on the Marketplace map anymore since the Indian dlc update. The hotfix 61591 didn’t anything about it.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start an EW game on the Marketplace map.
  2. Watch how you’ve got no small base at all ; it’s RM, but for Feudal age and loom researched.
    (3. Watching everytime unnecessary cruel Dracula-like impalement at every corner of the map).

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

EW start. 28 vills, barracks, blacksmith, etc. Action right away.

The marketplace map is the only map allowing 1v1s with traderelated bonuses being actually worth something (Hindustanis, Italians, Spanish, etc.). So it’s kind of a big deal.

And PLEASE, remove unnecessary cruel Dracula-like impalement at every corner of the map. Particularly annoying.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Why not get a mod that removes the impaled corpses?

I did not find any mod that removes impaled corpses. You know such a mod?

Plus the problem of the bug stays. With RBW legacy coming, EW is now back on the menu more than ever.

You could make one. Find out what the corpse graphic is called, then find a graphic you want to replace it with, get the file path for the corpse graphic, in your local mod directory, create a new mod with that file path, copy paste your replacement into that file path, and change the name to whatever the impaled corpse is called. That probably doesn’t make sense, but it’s a basic guide on how to do that.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. I’ll try to apply the guide, thank you!. :slight_smile:

(But the bug stays though; EW starts must again be possible, just like pre-Indian dlc).

Hello @AoE2and3fan

The issue about Marketplace map on Empire Wars is already being tracked :slight_smile:

Thanks for your report!

1 Like

Although I’d prefer the devs changed the map, I followed your advice and created a mod. On the basis of your guide, and some analysis of how the mods I use are built up, I managed to do so. Thank you very much! :smile:

If someone else wants to avoid the unnecessary cruelty of Marketplace, he doesn’t need to make a mod of his own, this one now replaces the impaled corpses and skeletons for tree stumps and torches: Mods Single - Age of Empires.

1 Like

Glad you could make it work, I was worried the instructions might not be enough.

Thank you devs!! :blush: