Encourage report a bug

Devs plz do something to let us know that whether you have noted a bug or not.
Simply +1 like from a developer can be very helpful and encourage us to report a bug.
If there is no response how will one know if his/her effort in writing a detailed report was worth it? How will one know if the report is actually a bug in current version?

17 Likes

Even during the betas i felt like bug reports weren’t encouraged. My friend, who also got the beta, didn’t open the forums a single time to report a bug, and boi he was swimming in bugs.

5 Likes

And how will we know if it was seen? Or if more examples are needed or desired?

3 Likes

Absolutely agree! I have the same feeling.

4 Likes

They surely could be more active about updating the known issues page.

5 Likes

totally agree with OP, been so frustrated with simple-to-fix bugs, then get even more frustrated when there’s no recognition of the reports

4 Likes

During beta developers often responded to bug reports, that “Issue is now being tracked” or “Issue is already tracked” or asked for more information or explained, why this is not a bug. That was very important for feedback/clarity.

They stopped doing that at final phase of beta and after game was released they almost won’t do it at all. This is weird, because they clearly have reacted to some bug reports and fixed them in patches, although they gave no response to bug reports. So now we have no idea, what are they thinking about our reports.

9 Likes

Not sure we should be talking about the internal workings of the beta, but I guess/think it is general enough(?), so I’ll chime in and just say that my experience was a little different regarding the final phase… as comments were happening even at that time for me

1 Like

could be they’ve downsized the team post release? cut costs so forth? move on to new fish to fry? certainly wont be the first time a company has done it…

aoe2 de will still make some money with a couple (likely only 1) possible expansions, but certainly not at the rate of something like stellaris with its 100 expansions, so dont need the team they previously had to handle it

2 Likes

Recently they announced, that AOE 3 DE beta starts soon, so many developers were probably moved to develop it. They could sell DLC-s with campaigns, skins, etc to make money with 2 DE.

2 Likes

I don’t think they will though.

Personally, not hyped by this since AOE3 has huge issues and I don’t think a remastered version can fix it

Yeah, the force update on launch and search update button for mods were been acknowledged as a demand few days before the update it got implemented, but those only got direct attention because a dev were mentioned at the topic. It’s really weird.

although i would like more work done one AOE2, im keen to see AOE3 as well, and of course AOE4 probbaly before that.

1 Like

I see it in a similar way. But to be honest I have experience that once my bug was viewed by developer and he replied that they already know about it. All the other bugs were without any comment…

2 Likes

Many campaign bugs are easily repaired in trigger menu… And still no info about it so far.

1 Like

Is it so hard to just do this to show acknowledgement of the bug?

1 Like

I understand their possible work load or cutting costs or whatever reason they might have for this neglect…

But please devs, at least for these few weeks/months, keep a full time team to track bugs and work on it. This investment will last you another 20 years I promise. But currently, its been 3 months since the full release and we’re still having OLD issues that haven’t been adressed !! (Plus new ones popping up - see my thread)

1 Like