These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- GAME BUILD #: 85614
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
In several scenarios of custom campaigns, the scenario rules temporarily or fixedly limit my civ to Castle Age (i.e. I must complete a specific secondary objective first to enable Imperial Age, or it is outright disabled until I win the scenario) but not my enemies, which can research Imperial Age and all their late upgrades freely. This leads to very unfair games, in which I am forced to defend myself from post-Imperial army attacks (in many cases too early for my difficult settings) with a Castle Age army or attack full-powered enemies with a mediocre CA army.
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Start one of the first scenarios of certain custom campaigns in which Imperial Age is initially or perennially disabled for me, such as “The Teutonic Order”, “Gaegyeong”, and “Mehmed the Conqueror”
- Play the game limited to Castle Age
- Be attacked, sometimes too early, by overpowered, fully upgraded, Imperial Age armies or raids, or try to attack an unfairly powerful army with a troop limited to Castle Age upgrades
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I should play at Standard difficulty with not so huge difficulties, with the enemy armies being able to advance to Imperial Age only after it is enabled for me (or permanently limited to Castle Age just like my civ), and their AI triggering them to attack with more power and upgrades later in the game, giving me time to collect resources, research upgrades and train at least my defense troops.
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
-AUTOSAVE-.aoe2spgame (1.3 MB)