Enemy moderate campaign AI hunting decision bug and other resource gathering

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: v101.101.46295.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The following is about the moderate campaign difficulty AI (not sure about the others) and I experienced it most recently in the Sundjata Malian campaign (mission 4 for the hunt thing and 3 for the other), but also on often times on other campaigns before.

Some AIs try to hunt deer ridiculous far away from their base without even building a mill.
This makes it super inefficient through the long walking paths and the villagers easy to snipe, as they seem to not really care, if an enemy is near.
They do this despite being later in the game, having berries and wood and therefore plenty of alternatives.

They also have problems with gathering of other resources from time to time, but I’m not sure if this is related.
They sometimes seem to not place mining camps on gold outside their base, if near enemy units or the mining camp was destroyed previously, but mine there regardless. They also send their villagers repeatedly to their death through static defenses to get the gold.

They sometimes later in the game do not really move their lumber camp closer to the tree line when the trees around are chopped down.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY) (depends on the campaign scenario)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

I didn’t see a “trigger” for this behavior. It’s probably some AI scripting thing.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

AI always builds drop of points near resources and tries to avoid gathering to far away from the base.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

For hunting problem in Sundjata 4 with yellow villagers being a map away to gather some deer despite having berries in base. They already got some other deer half a map away beforehand. See replay below

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hunting bug in Sundjata 4. Unfortunately desyncs before the screenshot above, but at around 18 in-game minutes he hunts other far away deer.
sundjata4_SP Replay v101.101.46295.0 @2021.04.13 001918.aoe2record (3.6 MB)