Error: "File transfer failed. Please ensure free disk space before retrying"

This is seriously so ridiculous, 2 of us are playing through xbox and worked fine but my friends through steam is having an issue. How has this not been addressed yet.

This game is so buggy.

2 Likes

This is unbearable. I play with 4 mates and we all are facing this issue. It’s not like we are playing for free, we paid for this and we deserve to be able to play easily.
Every patch is a total mess. Your focus should be on stability and on the multiplayer experience, all the rest comes after that.
Fix this asap, people are totally not happy.

2 Likes

This game is totally ■■■■■■ after last patch; my friends and I had same error (file transfer failed) randomly, every single day we tried to play.

Luckily 19/11 i will have my new PS5…very sad about developing of Aoe 3

1 Like

Me too. Same issue. wtf

2 Likes

I resolved

1 Like

I have the same issue since the last update. Bought the game on Steam. Please fix this, we pay for a good product, not for frustrations…

1 Like

how? i cannot understand… open save game???

It’s too stramge to me.
i tried a match with random people and I played.
I’m trying with a friend and it’s not possibile… WHAT A FUCK!!!

I just tried the recommended fix by deleting all the home city files, as described in the video linked. Sadly all the fixes people came up with seem to only work specifically for them. At least none of the fixes worked for me.
As do the ones mentioned before for others on this thread…

Would really like to hear a statement from the devs regarding this problem.
This bug makes the game LITERALLY unplayable. Seems too few people have this bug to get a high prio hotfix ;_;

2 Likes

The suggestions above didn’t work for any of the pc’s here. Any rumors about a hotfix coming up?

isso acontece devido ao jogo não está conseguindo carregar mapas de cenários ou personalizados para resolver esse bug só reiniciando o computador

this bug is getting on nerves and heclkk annoying! NEEDED to be addresed ASAP!!

3 Likes

UPDATE
Error happens only with civs more than level 1; tryed in the same session

Ottos (lev43) Error
English (lev1 never used before) started without problems

This is the reason because the solution in YouTube video seems correct, moving files you erase your city levels.

Error occour also with lev1 city if you change card into deck.

Might be the case for u but not for me.
Lvl 1 civs bug even when I don’t add any cards to the deck

1 Like

Same issue here, beginning after last update w/ plenty of storage space. Hoping devs pay attention to this ASAP. :smiley:

2 Likes

I know the results from my testing won’t be as useful since everyone has a different cause it seems, but here’s what I found, based on my experience

The game bugs as long as there are home city files in the “Savedgame” folder.
This is not ultimately the bug, since these files are located in the “Savedgame” folder on the pc of a friend who doesn’t have this bug.

Only deleting/moving the files (same effect), did not work for me as well.

What I discovered though was the empty “HomeCities” folder in the directory above.
Once I copied the files to that folder (all except the replay one) and deleted them in “Savedgames”, I could play without the bug but ofc with lv1 home city (I did not test the bug when altering the decks).

As a sideote it should be mentioned that the game recreates the home city files within the “Savedgame” folder, thus recreatig the bug every time I go into a new lobby.

When I tried to recreate the solution mentioned above, the game didn’t recogice any homecities (playing as random). But at least the game starts. I mean there’s a little bit more to it, since you can’t alter any decks, so even if this worked you could only play random civs without decks.

After I went into the game testing the fix, I noticed that I literally no home city. The entire button was gone, H hotkey doesn’t work, and I cannot access it even through the diplomacy menu.

I don’t know why it was fixed the first few times I used this method, but in the end, there’s not really more u can do without diving deeper into the files and folder structure.

My verdict:
Still no universal fix for this bug. Imo it has to do with the folder hierarchy, and the empty “Homeities” folder. Don’t know why those with the same structure don’t get this bug tho.
My assumption is that the game reads the files from a wrong register and the reading/writing commands refer to the different directories.

Really hope the devs can use this simple info.

*Edit: I got some games started while playing with the “LastHomeHomeCityY” file, such as deleting it mid lobby and such. Got a few runs without the bug but nothing consistent.
Also tested the bug when altering decks. I can confirm no civ works at all for me after altering a single deck.

Yo ya me he cansado de este juego y sobretodo de la nula respuesta de sus desarrolladores por los problemas que ellos mismos crean por un producto que pagamos para poder jugar.
Exijo que me devuelvan el dinero y que me quiten la cuenta de AOE3.
Habéis perdido un cliente vuestro que juega desde el año 2000.

Don’t be so dramatic. Give the guys a decent chance to fix this. You only punish yourself if you throw away a great game for some temporary hiccups.

Got the same issue here. I’d like to play the game i payed for so please fix it.

1 Like

About half the time I queue for a ranked game the game gives me a “free space on disk” error when launching the game. This would not be such a huge issue if the games where this happens didn’t count against my elo as losses… Losing 100 elo to an issue like this is infuriating and at the very least needs to not be counted as a loss.

2 Likes

não estou entendendo este erro alguém pode explica tem seis dias que não consigo jogar multiplayer.