Error start AOE 2 Definitive Edition

Since we are a bunch of dudes who got the game with lies, is there a possibility for a refund or what can we do?

1 Like

It’s sad to know that I spent a whole evening researching different graphic drivers and how to get the game to work and in the end I find out that I can’t even play the game :frowning:

I know well HD3000 graphics is not supported. But I have a HP DV7-6195us good laptop with Core i7-2630qm 4/8cpu (HD3000 integrated graphics) + AMD HD 6770m. They work as switchable graphics. In power options, in Intel settings and in AMD settings everything is set as Performance. Also from Control Panel/Programs/Windows Settings/Legacy Components/DirectPlay is enabled.

I spent too many days and tried too many different AMD drivers, also I installed Win8.1 and Win7 again. None of them helped.

If anybody knows a solution to make AoE:DE believes that I really have a dedicated graphics card, which I really have:6770m, please somebody show the way.

This forum is my last hope.

I had a dell optiplex 990 SSF PC, I used to get the same error. I got a new graphics card (GT 710 2GB), installed the driver and the game started running. Costed me $50.