ETA next patch?

SotL mentioned in his latest vid. Je was speaking about next week. I think he speak to devs.

Actually he is no different from us, he just noticed the trend for new patches lately and assumed it would come this week.

3 Likes

There is a group of high level players and some casters and maybe even more player who give input for balance changes. I do know they know more about the ETA, but probably they are not allowed to post a date. I think SotL is part of that group.

I highly doubt SOTL is part of that group.
He is neither a caster, nor a player. He has no connection to the rest of the community except for the 2 times he got tatoh/Hera for one of his videos, unlike people like Trirem or others.
He has no sound idea about high level game play and balance as evidenced in a good portion of his videos.
I could be wrong of course, but I dont see what he would add.

And before anyone gets me wrong this is not an attack on SOTL. I like his videos, they are interesting, entertaining and I really enjoy the maths part. When I was a beginner I watched all of his civ overwiews.

5 Likes

The problem with SoTL videos is he rarely takes real game situations into account.

Equal resource comparison sounds great in theory but when are you ever going to see equal resources worth of keshik fight knights for example? It would require you to have a little more then half as many castles as your opponent has stables.

2 Likes

The patch will probably be released this week. I predict 27-29th.

How much are you willing to bet on this?

Why would I need to bet on this?

It is just interesting, how sure people are about this prediction. It is easy to say based on past experiences, that “last days of month”, but how likely do you think it is? Maybe they still have not managed to fix free tech bug, etc.

The game has received monthly patches since its release and patches release during the last week of the month. Additionally, last week, they had server maintenance and the description said “Preparations for the May update.”

3 Likes

He is an Ageofempirologist. Do you really expect him to talk practical situations?

Alright, lets see the update this week then :slightly_smiling_face: This is real information, not just guessing.