European DLC (polls)

I also like to see more civs from other continents but you have to admit that european civs are more popular (and not to mention the amount of evidences to create historically accurated content, as we have very little information about the mesoamericans and other civilizations).

2 Likes

I think any civs ā€œmeritā€ comparison is nonsense*. Every civ having a kingdom and being within the game period could be included. That said, I (and I believe most do too) hope to see more of the rest of the world before we head back to Europe, not because of ā€œmeritā€, but because there is more unexplored terrain there, as Usac put it.

7 Likes

Well, for what the game asks for (eco, military, buildings etc) I donā€™t think this is too hard to get around

Are they? Go ask people if we should add civs in asia. Africa, etc and they say yes. Ask about Europe and the most common answer is later.

Yeah, except aoe2 has never really done a good job of this even wjth european civs. Priority to accuracy is Laughable

The vast majority does not want the next DLC-s to be in Europe. Things are clear: the community wants civilizations from the unrightfully ignored regions, instead of European duchies.

1 Like

With 109 votes in favour, 74 against and 37 neutral. I think those who want European civs are a majority.

I think the questioning on the poll is badly chosen.

Generally, speaking, few people are saying ā€œI never want new European civsā€, people say ā€œI donā€™t want be European civs before civs from other parts of the worldā€.

I would like new European civs. There are gaps in Europe left to fill. The thing is, I wouldnā€™t be enthused by more Europe right now. Thereā€™s an order of priority. Rest of the world, then Europe.

Ask the question ā€œDo you want more Europe?ā€ with no specified timescale and Iā€™ll say yes.

Ask the question ā€œDo you want more Europe within the next 4 DLCs?ā€ and Iā€™ll say no.

You see what I mean? The questioning is a bit disingenuous and misunderstands the arguments of those whoā€™d like to see civs from Africa, Asia, Americaā€¦

2 Likes

I think itā€™s inaccurate to say we have very little knowledge of civs outside Europe. We have more than enough to design American and African civs. I would say that info about medieval Africa/America is harder to find online though, youā€™ve really gotta read actual books.

8 Likes

These mindsets BAFFLE me. Like itā€™s your heritage. So what? There are 5-16 centuries between them and you. If you need their accomplishments to feel good about yourself, Iā€™m sorry to hear.

Note this isnā€™t just an issue I have with European peoples, I donā€™t care if youā€™re Brazil, Indian subcontinent, Mexican or Native North American. I genuinely donā€™t care as this is a game first.

You can find enough information even if you fudge the numbers and anachronism or just something used more generally. For instance most of the elephant specific UTs, actually ALL of them are almost interchangeable.

There is nothing specifically Turkish about Artillery or any of the Teutonic UTs. Mercenaries used to be a UT nameā€¦

Supremacy in the history of the manual section even mentions itā€™s inspired by the Spanish ability to fight NAPOLEON.

Research is good but you can tweak the accuracy and nobody will be too upset.

6 Likes

Yes, its my heritage, heritage of my country and my fellow citizens. And yes, iā€™m proud of my history and history of my nation, i feel proud because i know how much sacrifice was made in the past so todayā€™s people can live in peace.

I personally would sacrifice my life for the same cause today. Unlike others, renegades from their society, who do not respect their history or simply donā€™t have it, so they express their envy and anger towards history of other nations.

2 Likes

Adding a civi european or non european for historical value is one thing but wanting to have my people represented in a game is just a bad argument.

6 Likes

India has 4 civis now amd america has 3 for a long time.
Usacs point was having different unit combs makes the game better but when you select a meso civi you loose more than seven unit lines.So its always better to pick civis that can use more units for variation.He himself was trying to find a civi to have both elephants and sl line.

I think in recent DLC there are reallly too much Cavalry civ. And most Carvalry civ are from Euro. I think developer can consider adding archer civ

3 Likes

I personally hope for africa, but also a new american expansion with a different approach than the current eagle design could be fun.

3 Likes

There was an idea in forum saying that an Afician civ with a fast movement speed normal archer and it would be quite fun, giving that there is already fast moving infantry, high HP infantry and cheap infantry

3 Likes

This has become nonsense conversation.
Letā€™s just stop.

Making a new civs isnā€™t very hard but you should also think about making a campaign for it, thats when it gets hard. Why do u think we donā€™t have a Mayan campaign? Its not that easy then, considering it was one of the most important civilizations in ancient America.

Because the devs were lazy.

There is a lot of potential for Mayan Campaign. You cannot say that there is a lack of information about Mayan History.

3 Likes

The game ask more things, itā€™s not only the playability, which can be invented.

There isnā€™t enough material to make one. You canā€™t say the devs arenā€™t lazy because you can even find a custom one in the modshop.

Exactly! The Toltecs Empire was destroyed because the Maya City States formed the Mayapan League which expelled the Toltecs from Yucatan and began expanding in the Western Yucatan. The Northern Natives realized this and attacked the Toltec Empire from the North.

1 Like