European DLC (polls)

Bosnians are Serbs, they never were different ethnicity until 20th century

3 Likes

Same way the Bengals, Tamils, Cholas aren’t covered with current Indian civ

2 Likes

I think that they’ve had their own identity. Enough different and very distinct from both Serb and Croats. They tried to form something for themselves. But vultures from all sides wouldn’t allow that. Serbs weren’t always Serbs and Croats weren’t always Croats, Bosnians weren’t also always Bosnians. They were all one, but time, power and wealth did it’s thing. History is astonishing and rich, especially for the Balkan kingdoms. The more powerful emerge and stay, less powerfull fight and survive, or stay in some kind or form.

2 Likes

By that logic Serbs should be an umbrella for all of them.

1 Like

Well said, but i’m being specific in ethnicity, yes they had their identity just like for example Montenegro, but they too are also Serbs which had different kingdom. What i was going for is like Italy or Germany they also had smaller kingdom which had their own identities, but how ever you put it they are basically all the Italians or Germans respectively.

3 Likes

It could be as it was largest and longest lasting, they are all very closely related and speak the same language (hence the Yugoslavia). But i personally wouldn’t mind each being a specific civ (except that could flood the game with million civs)

3 Likes

This and all the people who would be upset than the neighbor is in a game and they are not.

3 Likes

Yep, it would cause endless debates and fights, that’s why we got umbrella civs.

1 Like

All three kingdoms were south slavic nations. And neither one of their identity or nationality should be neglected. That was only my point. I would be happy if my neighbours do make it into the game. I would be proud. What I don’t like is the thinking that Bosnians are Serbs and started to exist in the 20th century. Please, just don’t neglect your neighbors existence.
If they tried to emmerge and make something for themselves just like other nations did, accept it. That’s it.
I don’t have a problem and accept everyone. Sorry if it came out as rude.

In that logic Albanians should also be in the game right?

Sure, I wouldn’t mind having them.

3 Likes

Albanians are covered by Venetians. Venetian Republic have territories in Albania. One Albanian UU is nice to representing them in AoE 2 - Stradiot.

1 Like

The current debates started because a lot of people dislike umbrella civs, so there’ll be debates either way.

1 Like

That’s silly Albanians are not Italian,it’s a worse idea than your serbo Croatia concept.

2 Likes

Also, if Elephant Archers are becoming a regional civ, maybe my idea for a Welsh civ isn’t completely unfeasible? lol

I don’t follow, what does Elephant Archers have to do with the Welsh?

With the new DLC having possibly 3 new civs. It would be cool if the next DLC would be something like:

1. Cossaks (Ukrainians) → They are most famous for their role in the Delgue in 1655 but the Cossaks existed before that.

2. Romanians → With the campaign either being of Stephen the Great (you get to see Dracula, his cousin, again) but he was far more successful than Dracula in fighting the Ottomans, and the Hungarians, and the Tattars, and the Poles, and the Wallachians, he only lost 2 battles out of 48:
    AoE 2 DLC: New civ - Vlachs + New campaign: Stephen the Great
    Here’s a reliable source for this:
    Stephen III of Moldavia | Military Wiki | Fandom
    He was victorious in 46 of his 48 battles, and was one of the first to gain a decisive victory over the Ottomans at the Battle of Vaslui, after which Pope Sixtus IV deemed him verus christianae fidei athleta (true Champion of Christian Faith ). He was a man of religion and displayed his piety when he paid the debt of Mount Athos to the Porte, ensuring the continuity of Athos as an autonomous monastical community.
    Or Bassarab & Bogdan with each of them having 3 missions for how the Romanians managed to make their own independent states:
    Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Bassarab & Bogdan (DLC Campaign Proposal)

3. Swiss → With the campaign as their conflict with the Burgundians that made them famous.

4. Slavs be renamed → Kievans, Rus, Russians or Ruthenians.

I honestly would rather have anything over the cossacks who were bqrely any important as an independent group.

And like, “Ukranians” are already in the game since the current civ represent Kiev the best.

May as well add Russians lol.

Except they speak Russian.

The Kievan Rus wasn’t the Ukrainians, it wasn’t the Russians either but the current civ represents Russia the best.

I dont see how it represents Russia better than Ukraine (if anything is more or less the same), and I see even less reason to add Cossacks in game

2 Likes