European general unit special appearance MOD preview (have released)

7/31

British 18th century musketeers (A combination of uniforms from the Seven Years’ War and the American Revolution)

British infantry American revolution - Google 搜尋_1

————————————————————————————————————————————
The MOD has been released, you can search for “Units Historical Appearance” to download.
Thanks to @CliffyCoder8489 's reminder, MOD final preview here:

You can also subscribe to my channel on Bilibili:

7/27

Add historic neckline, cuff and epaulette details

7/26

Age 3 Musketeers, corresponding countries Spain, France, Italy (Savoy)

Spanish infantry seven years war - Google 搜尋_1

Spain↑

![french infantry king riflman - Google 搜尋_1|399x500]
(upload://gC8oB4STaiv9gR2rKUOKN8n3LQ2.jpeg)

French↑

Savoy↑

Updated Portuguese linemen’s hats to be more historical.

Removed strange decorations from clothes.

7/25

Changed the texture of the British Empire Red Coat to be closer to line infantry rather than officers. Removed the officer’s belt, trousers grey, added basic infantry clothing details.

162-Napoleonic-British-Infantry-Standing-at-Ease-extra-big-4834-500

7/24

Spanish infantry napoleonic wars - Google 搜尋_2

7/20 update:

Italian line infantry

7/19 update:

Russian_infantry_1812

Russian line infantry

7/16 update:

Prussian Needle Gunners. Here comes the real back-loading gunner.
But this made multiplayer unplayable, so I decided to revert to the original animation.

The image comes from the Prussian uniforms during the Prussian-Danish War.

Video link here, from Chinese streaming platform. Sorry I can’t upload youtube because it’s banned by the Chinese government.

I originally made this mod just to restore the “guard unit” (renamed unit in the industrial age) to a historical image, otherwise the appearance of some European civilization units is too generic, such as the Netherlands (1 special cavalry), Portugal ( 1 special infantry), Britain (1 special infantry), France (1 special cavalry), other countries look much better.
I never thought about affecting the online, so I just wanted to make a skin mod. Germany is more troublesome. The Needle Gunner should be an obvious image of the Prussian military uniform, but there is no Prussian helmet in the game, so I can’t get it. Let’s see if the game will update relevant materials with historical battles.

Spain and Italy don’t seem to have a very distinctive line infantry units, such as the British Red Coat and the French Fusiliers, so I don’t know whether to do it or not, what kind of…
Russia has its own characteristics, but I am thinking about whether to keep his green military uniform or make it as player color, I am very confused… I don’t know what you guys think about this

My English is very poor, if you have difficulty reading, I want to say sorry to you.

34 Likes

looks awesome, can you upload it?

5 Likes

your english is fine, don’t worry. Good job!

question for other fellows modders, now is possible to add custom models and animations for DE, right?

1 Like

You could keep the uniform green and then the trim being the player color. I am also interested in this mod, I really like your models.

e possível jogar no multiplayer ?

1 Like

joder que pésimo es el foro al no dejarme subir imágenes jpg, bueno en cuanto a los españoles solo busca infantería española siglo XVIII y te saldrán un montón de uniformes distintivos

2 Likes

Os jogos multiplayer podem ser jogados normalmente.

Si sabe algo sobre los uniformes de infantería española, puede dejar un enlace a la imagen correspondiente en la sección de comentarios.
He visto varios tipos de uniformes españoles y no sé cuál es el mejor para presentar en el juego.

Maybe, I will try. Thx

thanks for your encouragement.
I reassemble the pairings based on the in-game model and repaint and modify the textures.

I’ll upload when I’m done with it.

ok señor!

1 Like

I think the Spanish infantry uniforms are the ones worn by Mexican “Soldados”.

51PDFy5mFeL.SX369_BO1,204,203,200.jpg (371×499)

¿Qué piensas del soldado azul en este?

1 Like

Would be cool to change the Prussian Needle Gunner animations for the Gascenya ones.

I have already finished needlegun anim.

1 Like

I like the way you think

2 Likes

IDK if having two animations would really need a different unit for III age skirmishers, so that would break the MP compatibility that probably is a must for a lot of players. British hussars shouldn’t look like those?

I suggest you a more attractive title for your mod while keeping the “European general units special appearances” as a subtitle :slight_smile:

Great job! I hope a revision for more historical correct Asian civs also.

Yes, I also considered this approach. But I don’t want my mod to affect online multiplayer games, so let’s just let it go. After all, Ethiopia’s Neftenya also held an old-fashioned front-loading rifle in the fortress era and used the rear-loading action. This is a problem that even the official can’t solve.

1 Like

I haven’t thought about the title yet. My English is very poor, so I don’t know what kind of title would be more suitable.

2 Likes