Extreme AI deletes starting walls on Arena

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.63482.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
A Polish Extreme AI deleted their starting walls a couple of seconds after the start of an Arena match.

By the way, I found a similar bug report (Extreme AI deletes all walls at the start of the game on Hideout) but it is two years old, so I decided to create a new one.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a Skirmish with AI (2v2, map = Arena, map size = Medium, difficulty = Extreme)
  2. Be surprised to see an AI deleted their starting walls

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
It’s not an extremely good strategy to delete your starting walls unless you want to flex, so I don’t expect the Extreme AI to do it normally.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

i think thats a good thing and probably by design. so that human players dont wall AI in by the gate with only few tiles of wall and completely block them.

AI is extremely finicky with little space, they can’t expand and will suck hard

The other AIs didn’t delete their walls and were in a much better spot, as green continued to go for an open map style build while the rest was FC’ing. I agree that it would be good for the AI to delete their walls in certain situations, but these were not present 7 seconds into the game.

i think its made so that extreme AI does this, because its suppose to be the best AI and can be less abused by human players. as for 7 seconds or not, im not sure how AI does it’s thing. I have played some, where they dont delete until castle age, sometimes earlier.

perhaps if they went rush strat they’d delete or vs boom strat, not sure.

Created campaign with heavily fortified enemy and they deleted their walls. So still not fixed.