Extreme AI has gotten much worse - house walling is probably killing it

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: Latest build as of the time of writing this. Will update when i can.
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Extreme AI in the latest version plays 1v1 arabia much worse than how it did a year ago.

I think this is in part due to the fact it started trying to wall its map with houses. Therefore it wastes a lot of wood for houses it doesnt need, and also the walling villager is exposed to raids at the front, essentially giving the attacker a free villager.
After that villager’s death, the AI will just send a new villager to finish that wall, essentially sending it too to its death.
The house walls are also never actually finished so all those vils wasted and wood spent dont actually amount to anything.

It now also heavily delays getting fletching for its archers in feudal age. Im not sure when this has started, but I remember fletching used to come up faster. So its archers do much less damage and die in feudal wars. This is potentially caused due to the wood wasted on house walls, but i cant be sure.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: ############ STEPS

Play 1v1 arabia tiny map standard settings against the extreme AI, and give it an archer civ to make it more likely to go archers.
You will see it do the house wall almost every game, and it will delay fletching a lot almost every game.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The AI should not play worse than it used to.
It should not make ridiculous house walls, it should not delay fletching when it makes archers in feudal.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Will upload when i can.

2 Likes

Hi @BubblyMango3400
I talked with the team about this, thanks for your report :slight_smile:

I can attest to this, AI is weaker by trying to wall like human which they won’t take full advantage of.

1 Like