Extreme AI units will attack "the nothing" in Wade map

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Version 101.101.62085.0 8752729 (latest patch 62085)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

In the map Wade, some units will start attacking “nothing” and keep attacking it until they reach the end of the map or the AI task them to do another thing (hard to explain, but is very easy to see it in the replay)

The isue was active since Wade was added to the map pool, but since is a small bug that don’t really have a huge impact in any game (worst case scenario the AI will have some units out of place), I didn’t report it before.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY) (ONLY in Wade map)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Well. pretty much there is only one step, choose Wade as a map and extreme AI civs, at some point some units may start to do it, if the game is very active it may not happen that game, that why is a 50% chance.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Units not tasked to do anything shouldn’t be attacking.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

No image, but it will be clear on the replay

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

rec.aoe2record (6.7 MB)

It should be a Cuman vs Saracens match in Wade, at minute 26, after they have a battle near Cuman’s base, you can see how the Cuman’s Scout and some archers/skirks start attacking nothing and move around the coast until the end of the map (right part of the map, it goes from minute 26 to 28, it should be easy to spot what I’m talking about).

Hey!

Thank you for your bug report! we are now tracking the issue!

It’s not an AI thing, I’ve actually seen it happen for units belonging to a human before, the units start attacking the rock beach thing.

Yes, this has been a bug afflicting the Wade map since it first appeared. I highlighted this bug in another post awhile back, along with the observation that AI opponents can build docks when they shouldn’t be able to.