Extreme language Filter (Censor)

Me getting raided by Scout and many Villagers die and get slaughtered. Blood and Corpses everywhere

• No Censorship.

Me typing: **** * **** ***** *****

• Full Censorship, no bad words allowed Young Padawan.

(What i actually wanted to write: “■■■■ I hate scout rush”)
Love it!

3 Likes

today my message “have a nice day, cu” in the end of the game got censored
wtf???

please let us disable that stupid filter asap

7 Likes

cu means asshole in brazilian portuguese.

we are being censored in all languages so we cant even say things that means nothing in our native because its swearing on whatever language.

its so bizarre.

9 Likes

■■■■. So the censorship caused me to learn a new insult that I wouldn’t have learned otherwise. You can’t make some of this stuff up.

7 Likes

Just want to post on here to add that this profanity filter is terrible and should be eliminated, ASAP. I can’t believe with all this negative feedback they haven’t gotten rid of it yet.

Results of poll are very clear

The letter “i” is censored :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Type “i” and get “*”

“I found their market” = “* ***** ***** ******”

Come on guys… saying fuc* is one thing but honestly though fix it. Also “wtf” & “basssstard” (extra “sss” added to avoid ironic censorship here) shouldn’t be considered extreme language.

2 Likes

I’m 30 been playing on and off since I was ten lol

2 Likes

it seems like the profanity filter is totally out of control. Regardless of current bugs it seems nobody has asked for this and it has been forced on the community.

4 Likes

“1” and “I” are censored. Could be more ridiculous?

4 Likes

Remove or make optional now! It is ******* ****** *********** ******** *** ***** ridiculous!!

2 Likes

About half the messages are currently censored for me, for apparently no good reason. Simple things like “1”, “11”, any sentence containing “i” is being censored. It seems like sometimes other players can read my messages even if they’ve been censored for me as they reply to what I said, maybe the reverse is true. This makes team communication almost impossible.
Today I noticed even my ingame name “Ocean Wizard” was censored.

4 Likes

immediatelly followed by:

:joy: you couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried

1 Like

It’s not even consistent. Played with my buddies last night. My buddy’s username is “llamabeard”, it was censored to me in about 1/3rd of the games. My own name OlafKForkbeard was censored to me about half of the time in game.

I was unable to issue a GG in chat. “GG, that was pretty rough.” I guess context doesn’t matter to the great censor. “Pretty rough” is the offending portion I’m guessing.

Is this a contract with the XBox owned portions? It’s pretty dumb whatever it is.

And lastly **** * **** ****.

1 Like

this is super annoying, because it doesnt make any sense most of the time. sometimes my own playername is censored, other times not. even “1” or “gg” gets censored. in a lot of teamgames i cant communicate with teammates because of it. pls fix

1 Like

yes. this happens arbitrarily to me as well. no matter in which language and what I write, it is simply censored. even my gamer tag is censored during the game!

i’m too regret to purchase DE… they wont let us to block unwanted players, plus even i type “i” i got censor… really?

2 Likes

If you are playing on Steam, then signing out of xbox live account in main menu makes game use Steam filter instead of xbox live, which is much more reasonable according to players reports.

1 Like

that didnt work for me :frowning:

When will this get fixed? Devs just twiddling thumbs?