Extremely long loading time playing with a friend online

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.27812.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Me and a friend like to play together online, but in AoE3 for some reason, it freezes on a loading screen on my end, while my friend is in-game “Waiting for players”, and it can take up to 5 or so minutes.

I have the Microsoft Store version, but he plays on the Steam version.
We never had this issue on AoE2, but we both played on Steam.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

It happens every single time, except for one time. He was the one hosting the match and I got loaded in, while he had the “frozen” loading screen. Not for as much as usual though.
Other than that instance, the issue happens every single time no matter who hosts the match it seems.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. We go create a game under multiplayer
    2.invite the other, add a couple AI, and play a 2v2 match.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

If I had to make a random guess, either you, or he, doesn’t have enough RAM. At least 16GB. If that’s not the problem, I would bet it’s a slow CPU or maybe one of you is using an HDD as opposed to a more modern drive.

Most of the time, game loading issues happen due to antivirus realtime scanning. Mostly third party antivirus cause this. Try disabling the antivirus for the game, or put the game folder in the whitelist.

4 Likes

My bad, I completely forgot to reply! But yours was the solution! Removing the antivirus did the trick!

Thanks a lot!

2 Likes