Failed to establish connectivity

This is a 2 part issue.

Part 1: when trying to join games in the Browse games tab, 70% of games are okay but the odd one I will join and get this issue of failed to establish connectivity and it kicks me.

Part 2: when trying to play ranked, i am trying to search for a ranked game. It will search for other people then about 10 seconds in the search pop up will disappear. No error or anything just will stop searching like its been canceled. I click search again and it keeps doing the same thing over and over again.

Not sure if there is a fix for either of these but have tried allowing through firewall and things like that. I use to be able to play both fine without any issues not sure what has changed.

Update it is actually now 90% of games i try to connect to come up Failed to establish Connectivity.

this still happens to me I cannot even search for ranked matchs any idea?

I only play ranked a little bit but I have gotten the cannot establish connectivity error then when you hit search it just stops like it was canceled. If you restart the game again that has worked, or sign out of steam then log back in and restart the game.