"Failed to join match"

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Nearly every lobby will crash before actually launching the game (in the 1 minute waiting-room). After that it says “failed to join match”. I don’t know if it is an actual bugg. In my opinion it is just someone leaving the game during waiting room, because he/she don’t like the map or the ranking of his/her teammates. If this is the case, the leaver should at least get punished with losing 15 points, because this is destroying everything! It appears extremly regulary in rating-levels between 2000-2600 (team game rating).
Since this was ignored so far by devs (still not losing points when leaving lobby) I am wondering if it helps to report it as a bug (and maybe it is even a bug, but I dont think so - I think it is just people Alt+F4).

There have been topics in aoezone too, regarding this issue:

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

VERY, VERY OFTEN - NEARLY UNPLAYABLE - ~ 75%, so only around every 4th Lobby will actually launch the game! After that you have to wait 5-10 minutes to find another lobby, just to run into the same thing again.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Click “Find Match” in ranked mode and search for a 4 vs 4 teamgame
  2. Find a lobby after 5-10 minutes (finally!)
  3. Wait until someone will Alt + F4 during the 1 minute countdown, because he/she is dissatisfied with the map or the teammates (e.g. lower ranking)
  4. Get the “failed to join match”-error in 75 % of the cases
  5. Wait another 5-10 minutes to repeat

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

No game file, since it happens before launching.

3 Likes

this is a basic issue plaguing the entire MP experience. If you dont fix this, then TG will die a sad death.

3 Likes

Agreed, something needs to change. Preferably stop forcing players to play maps they don’t like. Even if they have to wait longer for a game it would be so much better than constantly having to requeue. You even lose your spot in the queue when the game fails… At least add timeouts for failing to ready up.

1 Like