- PLATFORM: Steam
- OS: Windows 10
Nearly every lobby will crash before actually launching the game (in the 1 minute waiting-room). After that it says “failed to join match”. I don’t know if it is an actual bugg. In my opinion it is just someone leaving the game during waiting room, because he/she don’t like the map or the ranking of his/her teammates. If this is the case, the leaver should at least get punished with losing 15 points, because this is destroying everything! It appears extremly regulary in rating-levels between 2000-2600 (team game rating).
Since this was ignored so far by devs (still not losing points when leaving lobby) I am wondering if it helps to report it as a bug (and maybe it is even a bug, but I dont think so - I think it is just people Alt+F4).
There have been topics in aoezone too, regarding this issue:
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
VERY, VERY OFTEN - NEARLY UNPLAYABLE - ~ 75%, so only around every 4th Lobby will actually launch the game! After that you have to wait 5-10 minutes to find another lobby, just to run into the same thing again.
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Click “Find Match” in ranked mode and search for a 4 vs 4 teamgame
- Find a lobby after 5-10 minutes (finally!)
- Wait until someone will Alt + F4 during the 1 minute countdown, because he/she is dissatisfied with the map or the teammates (e.g. lower ranking)
- Get the “failed to join match”-error in 75 % of the cases
- Wait another 5-10 minutes to repeat
No game file, since it happens before launching.