False advertising/ not giving me what I paid for

Hi,

I hope someone who has the answer or a dev sees this. I know people who pre-ordered on Steam get the Dawn of the Dukes DLC for AOE2 DE free. This pre-order bonus is also advertised on the Amazon listing for the game code card which I paid for weeks ago. Can I expect to receive the Dawn of the Dukes DLC in the post along with the AOE4 game card? Hope to get confirmation on this.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0995KXJRV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: 29/10/2021- Game card arrived in box. I redeemed the code and got AOE4 on Steam. I own AOE2 DE on steam. I did not receive the Dawn of the Dukes DLC as preorder bonus as was advertised. Can I get some help receiving this please as I feel the Amazon listing gave the clear impression I would receive it.

EDIT: 09/11/2021- itā€™s now been 11 days since I submitted my support ticket and no response. I got a response to a different ticket (about a RAM issue) so asked about this as well. They said that I needed to redeem the code before launch date to get the preorder bonus. How could I or anyone else ordering from Amazon do this when the codes were being sent out via post on release date? If this the case the bonus should NOT have been advertised on the Amazon page. Updating this in the hopes someone from Relic/Microsoft see this as Iā€™m getting no luck through Amazon review or official support channel.

EDIT: 13/11/2021- They have just emailed me again reiterating their position that there is nothing they can do because I did not redeem the code before release date. HOW could I or anyone else who ordered from Amazon have done that when the codes were sent by post and did not arrive until after released date. I purchased the game on the 4th of October which is 24 days before release date. The Amazon page clearly advertised the preorder bonus. I expected Microsoft to keep a track of which codes were linked to preorders.

I did NOT get what I paid for. This is clear false advertising and must be breaking a law. PLEASE can someone from Microsoft respond in a way that makes sense? Any reasonable company would give me the preorder bonus if I can provide proof of purchase.

2 Likes

Your physical version is just a key in a box so it makes no difference if you but it physical or online.

Yeah Iā€™m aware of this. Only got it off Amazon because I was given vouchers by my work and you canā€™t buy steam vouchers on there. Iā€™m just hoping Iā€™ll get the same preorder bonus.

It literally says on the page so why do you ask?

Because itā€™s only ā€˜preordersā€™ that are getting the free DLC on steam. As this is just going to be a card with a code on it how will Steam know it was a code which was ā€˜pre-orderedā€™ when I enter it in to Steam and then give me the free DLC? It will have no way of knowing I didnā€™t pick the code card up after release.

Well thatā€™s not your problem.
You bought a product and if they donā€™t give you what you expect for the description they have a problem.

It is likely that those keys will allow you to get the pre order bonus even long after the game is out because the key is marked as a pre order.

2 Likes

Game card arrived in box. I redeemed the code and got AOE4 on Steam. I own AOE2 DE on steam. I did not receive the Dawn of the Dukes DLC as preorder bonus as was advertised. Can I get some help receiving this please as I feel the Amazon listing gave the clear impression I would receive it.

You should write to the AoE4 support.

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us

1 Like

Ty I shall do this! 20 characters

Itā€™s now been over 48 hours since I submitted my support request and no response. I canā€™t be the only one who preordered physical game card and is feeling misled by the Amazon listing?

Bump as still no response.

Itā€™s now been 11 days since I submitted my support ticket and no response. I got a response to a different ticket (about a RAM issue) so asked about this as well. They said that I needed to redeem the code before launch date to get the preorder bonus. How could I or anyone else ordering from Amazon do this when the codes were being sent out via post on release date? If this the case the bonus should NOT have been advertised on the Amazon page. Updating this in the hopes someone from Relic/Microsoft see this as Iā€™m getting no luck through Amazon review or official support channel.

Is your name ā€œMister Smellā€ or ā€œMisters Mellā€?

Mister Smellies. Thank you for asking.

1 Like

They have just emailed me again reiterating their position that there is nothing they can do because I did not redeem the code before release date. HOW could I or anyone else who ordered from Amazon have done that when the codes were sent by post and did not arrive until after release date. I purchased the game on the 4th of October which is 24 days before release date. The Amazon page clearly advertised the preorder bonus. I expected Microsoft to keep a track of which codes were linked to preorders.

I did NOT get what I paid for. This is clear false advertising and must be breaking a law. PLEASE can someone from Microsoft respond in a way that makes sense? Any reasonable company would give me the preorder bonus if I can provide proof of purchase.