FE spent a lot of effort to create 2 new architecture and units skin

This never made sense to me.
Why does AoE3DE get like 50 new unique units in a DLC and AoE2DE hasn’t gotten a single new architecture set since release?
Making AoE2DE assets can’t be that much more expensive, right?

1 Like

They do? I thought they most made reskins of existent units.

Pretty sure it does not. Or maybe we are very wrong and basic 3D models are easier and cheaper.

Honestly it seems like someone has to create a mod or scenario that is downloaded thousands of times for anything to be implemented as official.

2 Likes

Forgotten empires had nothing to do with this DLC, the team in charge was the Capture Age team, just like victor&v that was made by a random guy.

FE has his hands full with aoe3,aom and aoe4 cause relic abandoned the ship more than a year ago.

A random guy calling a random guy a random guy. Poetic!

1 Like

What do you consider reskins?

They are new units with new stats, not just reskins of already existing units.

The unique Royal Guard units where added in a later free update and they don’t just have unique visuals but also unique stats too.

Many AoE3DE units share the same animations though but that is also needed to improve readability (damn Strelets braking the rules).

Maybe they are but like 10x cheaper? I don’t think so.
Also the sales of a AoE2DE DLC are likely like 5x higher so it would be worth 5x the effort, right?

The creator of V&V did make official campaigns for AoE2HD before so he was not just anyone!

Relic is still there they are just a smaller team now. We don’t know anything official about how much Relic is still working on AoE4 or what else they are working on atm.
We generally know little about how Words Edge is allocating it’s resources across the games.

They even made the announcement that they were leaving aoe4 to work on team fortress(their main game), so FE took their place.

Team Fortress???
That is a Valve game.
Relic made Company of Heroes 3 but that has been released over a year ago.

Where can I find this announcement?

1. Their original IP is called Company of Heroes
  2. FE supported AoE 4 since day 1
  3. ZeroEmpires (former Age creator) currently works for Relic and posted this on Reddit just half a year ago:

Relic made the DLC and have been the primary developer of AoE4 since day 1. There have been other studios helping along the way, Climax supported the Xbox version, Forgotten Empires have supported with balance playtesting and maps, and there have been other studios involved with outsourcing. However, when it comes to content and features, Relic have been supporting the game since launch.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe4/comments/1bpq3je/comment/kwym2f3/

1 Like

Yeah, and Relic was owned by SEGA up until this year, so that doesn’t mean anything. However, the fact that it’s now independent means that it will be a lot more occupied with things.

I meant in general. The Forgotten, Capture, Rome at War team created mods which eventually became official. Microsoft or whoever approved it saw potential. So if anyone wants their ideas out have to either yell really loud into the universe or create a mod that is a hit in the community.

1 Like

A unit that already exists and they just change some things on them to create a new unit. For example the Maltese civilization, just by the trailer you can see that most of their units are just reskins of existing units (or straight up the unit itself, like the Fixed Gun) like the swordsman that is just the Boneguard from the campaign. Or things like they get the Comanchero and just change the clothes and become a new unit.

Changing stats requires zero work lol What consume budget is new 3D models.

Why you think changing stats requires hard work…? This is meaningless in the reskin conversation.

That’s exactly what a reskin is.

Its MUCH easier getting an existing 3D model and just changing the clothes and boom, new unit. And that’s what I thought that AoE3 was doing. You saying “50 new unique units” is not the truth.

No idea. We barelly get new units in AoE2, like the crusader knight.