Feature request: Age Up Politcians in Tech tree

Can we have the age up politicians in the tech tree? As well as the bonuses you get from the wonder. For newer civilisationts this was implemented, but for all the legacy civs it was not.

11 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah! New civs have lots of different aage up options, I would love a tech tree to study all of them. Also the ā€˜ā€˜federal cardsā€™ā€™ they unlock.

2 Likes

No, changing is a bad idea. every civ group has unique age ups. The rest of the civs design is balanced around this. Not every in this game aspect needs changing.

1 Like

nothing is changed in game wise, I just want the options to be part of the tech tree

Most of the politicians have the effect of a one time shipment, no permanent affect though.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly why I ankled that topic at the top. I think there could also be politicians who give some benefit to native alliances like Africans or post-colonial civilizations.

1 Like

To complete with this idea, and to answer to NikolieZeppilen in a way :

I found very frustrating that we can choose in game settings to start in an higher age than Age 1, but you canā€™t have any age-up politicians / wonders / alliances to compensate.
So itā€™s totally umbalanced, espacially for non-europeans civilizations which have a lot of strength based on themā€¦so those game modes are totally worthless because of the imbalanced !

A way to choose missing ageup bonus / alliances / wonders at the start of the game sounds fair to me, donā€™t you agree ?

Iā€™m agree with the Original post, and add revolutions to avoid me to go online to see all of them per civ : all choice should be ingame.

2 Likes

Yeah even though itā€™s an option, the game was never balanced to play at a later age setting from TAD onwards. Even mods like WOL canā€™t work around this, suggesting it would be not be so trivial to change

2 Likes

I didnā€™t say i will be trivial to fix technically, you are right ^^
But just on the fly, I imagine a not very fancy but workable way, like a ā€œfake age upā€ button with no research/build time, which allow the age up bonuses to trigger for each age already done, only for ā€œclassicalā€ games. (not campaign / scenario by default)

So I guess there is a way with a little more time to find an acceptable solution. At least, give this option a kind a viability, not let it as an automatic ā€œinusableā€ setting. But this is my way of thinking, I appreciate having some real options ^^

1 Like