Feature request: civilization based appearance of generic units

I want to make a new topic from this because this is very important to me. Every time i see a meso crossbow men I become very sad. The dream would be if for meso civs a crossbow would also have a different name (but same stats - just other name). But if not at least give it a different appearance. One of the main reasons why I am excited for Aoe4 is that I hope that the units of the civs look more like units of that civ.

I know that this is quite some work and prolly Microsoft doesn’t want to invest much more in aoe 2 de, But why is every dlc new civs. I would rather pay 10 bucks for this or solving the alt f4 problem or other major issues than getting new civs all the time. We have so many civs and campaigns but so major issues that reduce the aoe experience. Pls give dlcs that fix issues like this instead of civs. I am willing to pay for this kind of stuff if Microsoft doesn’t want to do major improvements for free

2 Likes

I still think that such kind of visual change should belong to official mod rather than implemented (or maybe better, implemented but provided a way to fallback to legacy).

I think the ALT+F4 issue is much more serious than visuals for now tho, and also the lobby search, spec chat etc.

2 Likes

I think an official mod is a very good idea. Is there an unofficial mod yet?

1 Like

I am pretty sure there is some mods that changes unit appearance already, none of them are civ specific tho

1 Like