[Feature Request] Minimap Flare

Thank you for the explanation, At least there is an understandable reason behind why it isn’t implemented yet. I was thinking it was just an oversight by the devs. Hopefully some of the coders can figure out a solution. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This feature would be amazing for both single and multiplayer if the AI would somehow be able to understand it as a call to arms/help signal.

I think it would be extremely cool if the AI could use the flare to let allies know when they’re attacking an objective or when they’re under enemy pressure.

We can dream…

2 Likes

I have a dream…
I still have a dream…

But be care, with flare for AI. It may be that it will then become a permanent ping.^^

Many greetings.

4 Likes

Someone moved this and other suggestions/requests from the Discussion forum to the Modding one!

Aaaaahhh! :expressionless:
These are meant for you DEVELOPERS to see, not necessarily the community! We are not requesting mods, but OFFICIAL content/updates!

3 Likes

Lack of communication infuriates me. They really caught us off guard by moving posts that were actually always geared towards developers.

We’re basically being forced to be ignored by someone (or a group of people) moving our suggestions/worries and complaints to the modding section!! I still can’t believe it :rage:

3 Likes

Since there isn’t a flare feature, is there a way to signal allied AI into helping us in some way? I feel like, most of the time, they do not engage with enemies unless they are attacked by them in the first place :disappointed:

To be fair, to programming a flair function like this is incredibly complex and therefore requires not only a lot of knowledge, but also an extreme amount of experience. One has really tried everything. In the emergency they tried to copy the code from the 2nd part, but they had to realize that this is so deeply merged with the rest of the program code that they fear that with the slightest change all AoE servers on which the game exists will explode and the games will be lost forever and ever.

Rome wasnt burnt in a day but this game looks like that even a slight change would be like inviting barbarians to your doors