[Feature Request] Minimap Flare

Overall I am very happy with all of the recent updates for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. At the same time there are still some things from nearly 16 months ago when the game released which have not yet been addressed. One of those things is the missing minimap flare feature.

age-of-empires-definitive-edition-1-1

Hello darkness my old friend.

This is a feature that would greatly be appreciated for communicating with your teammates in multiplayer games. Adding this feature now before the Steam release would also “complete” the game visually. The feature has been suggested multiple times on the forums since the game released.

Please add the flare feature to Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. It’s the right thing to do.

4 Likes

And minimalize that HUD skin. I would like to see only that tilted square and those four buttons. And if mouseover show that hotkey.

1 Like

I agree. Flare would be nice!

100% agree with this. As a long time aoe player, this feature is very important for team games as most of us do not voice chat while playing. It will benefit team games and will polish the game further. Moreover, we also need seperate elo for rm (1v1 & team games) and dm (1v1 & team games)

2 Likes