Overall I am very happy with all of the recent updates for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. At the same time there are still some things from nearly 16 months ago when the game released which have not yet been addressed. One of those things is the missing minimap flare feature.
Hello darkness my old friend.
This is a feature that would greatly be appreciated for communicating with your teammates in multiplayer games. Adding this feature now before the Steam release would also “complete” the game visually. The feature has been suggested multiple times on the forums since the game released.
- Improvements (after playing the beta version)
- How much does the game feel incomplete to you, guys?
- AoE:DE Community Wishlist
- AOE DE Update 8 Discussion
- Coming Content Updates for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - Age of Empires
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - CU 7 - Age of Empires
- About UI, shortcuts, Minimap options and etc.
- What's new in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition? - Age of Empires
- Have any microsoft representatives commented recently?
- Suggestions after a play through of AoE:RoR
Please add the flare feature to Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. It’s the right thing to do.