February 2018 Submission Thread

Please post your entries below. The full blog post with entry requirements and a link to the Official Rules can be found here.

Good luck everyone!

Creepy Marsh: Witches’ Heart (Part II)

…That night a father who has lost his daughter into the hands of evil appears in front of Great Buddha Statue. "Oh! Lord, my daughter was just an innocent bard, a tulip which was raped by the monsters. If you really are a sword of justice, then this time justice must be swift. This is the only wish from a graving father!" Buddha speaks to him “Rose will kill her killer tomorrow. Whenever a drop of a blood soaks my soil, her spirit will leave this artificial world and will come back to me.” Those 3 disgraced noble men who raped Rose months ago gets a calling from the Buddha, and in their haunted dream they all saw their death. A voice, spoke to them, “You must give yourselves in the hands of your deed, otherwise, the beauty you darkened with your evil hands will kill everything and everyone in this village.” These noblemen refused the calling, instead that night they summoned a young man who has been broken and has gone mad ever since his love, Rose, has left him. Then the noblemen duped him into thinking that Rose is waiting for his love tomorrow. But who knew what would happens next? The thirsty lover, eager to see and listen to his Rose songs decides that he will go in front of the Statue next day.

Next day he shaves, and wears a new cloth, just to meet his love. He waited months to meet a beauty which left him. These noblemen then runs toward docks, so they can leave the village before the evil witch takes her revenge and vanishes for eternity. Unfortunately, in the world filled with cheaters, the ending is not always happy. These 3 noblemen do succeed in their escapes,…

…and Roses’ spirit accidently kills her lover. A loud cry shook the village and rips the ear drums of the monks praying for spirit’s unpainful journey to Buddha’s realm. Since the ritual was that as soon as Rose answers with Blood in front of statue, she must leave this village and its people alone. And it happens. No body in this village knew about this treachery, this acts of evilness onto the innocent lives. No body bothered. The father died in misery. No body cared. The question is, will the Lord Buddha himself fulfill a father’s wish? A revenge of an innocent women? Will he enter this artificial world, where men only knows to cheat?

The story will continue…Thank you.

What villagers and soldiers do on February? If it was up to St. Valentine, he would organize marriages! It is assumed that he lived on the 3rd century AD.

One of the most famous versions of his life says that he was marrying Christian couples, something forbidden under the rule of Claudius II.

There are many disputes about the execution’s year of St. Valentine, the same about many details of his life.

Pope Gelasius, in 496 AD, made February 14th his feast day. Only by the Middle Ages the date started to receive all the romantic connotation that we see today. Curiously, one of the first uses of “Valentine” was on a poem written by a Duke imprisoned after the famous battle of Agincourt.

SOURCES:
St. Valentine - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online
A Farewell to Love - Wikisource, the free online library

@NormChanger said:
Creepy Marsh: Witches’ Heart (Part II)

…That night a father who has lost his daughter into the hands of evil appears in front of Great Buddha Statue. "Oh! Lord, my daughter was just an innocent bard, a tulip which was raped by the monsters. If you really are a sword of justice, then this time justice must be swift. This is the only wish from a graving father!" Buddha speaks to him “Rose will kill her killer tomorrow. Whenever a drop of a blood soaks my soil, her spirit will leave this artificial world and will come back to me.” Those 3 disgraced noble men who raped Rose months ago gets a calling from the Buddha, and in their haunted dream they all saw their death. A voice, spoke to them, “You must give yourselves in the hands of your deed, otherwise, the beauty you darkened with your evil hands will kill everything and everyone in this village.” These noblemen refused the calling, instead that night they summoned a young man who has been broken and has gone mad ever since his love, Rose, has left him. Then the noblemen duped him into thinking that Rose is waiting for his love tomorrow. But who knew what would happens next? The thirsty lover, eager to see and listen to his Rose songs decides that he will go in front of the Statue next day.

Next day he shaves, and wears a new cloth, just to meet his love. He waited months to meet a beauty which left him. These noblemen then runs toward docks, so they can leave the village before the evil witch takes her revenge and vanishes for eternity. Unfortunately, in the world filled with cheaters, the ending is not always happy. These 3 noblemen do succeed in their escapes,…

…and Roses’ spirit accidently kills her lover. A loud cry shook the village and rips the ear drums of the monks praying for spirit’s unpainful journey to Buddha’s realm. Since the ritual was that as soon as Rose answers with Blood in front of statue, she must leave this village and its people alone. And it happens. No body in this village knew about this treachery, this acts of evilness onto the innocent lives. No body bothered. The father died in misery. No body cared. The question is, will the Lord Buddha himself fulfill a father’s wish? A revenge of an innocent women? Will he enter this artificial world, where men only knows to cheat?

The story will continue…Thank you.

Wow I knew this was for the Contest but that is great wow.

@WintryPainter69 Thank you so much. Please also checkout my Halloween submission to see how the story began.
https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/2572/october-2017-submission-thread

or you can go to wololo Wednesday -> October 2017.

A love story

On February 14, 1394 AD, a father tells a story to his son.

Leopoldo and Mary were celebrating their wedding when…
…The king kidnapped Mary, the most beautiful of the kingdom! He was looking for a wife for his son, Prince Charles.
But Leopoldo did not allow that. He went to the castle, to rescue his beloved.

On the way he met a lion. A hungry lion.
Then, a wandering crossbowman shot the animal. Leopoldo became his best friend, because he saved his life.
Leopoldo told him what happened. The crossbowman took him to the crazy woodman, who had a battering ram, necessary to cross the castle wall.

Leopoldo and his friend interrupted Prince’s wedding.
However, Prince Charles was not aware of what his father the king did.
Charles then took pity on him and returned his beloved.
Then, Leopoldo and Mary got married, on February 14.
And they lived happily ever after.

I am not a native english speaker, so excuse me if I made a mistake.
Happy Valentine’s Day!

John Black and Nonahkee have been bound together by the strongest love which can ever be witnessed. They went together to a beautiful lake far from their village on Valentine’s Day. If only they could stay here forever.

This photo is a tribute to my most favorite characters from the Age of Empires III campaign. Made with scenario editor + photoshop edits.

@NormChanger will definently do that.

Sometimes, you just need a day away from everyone else,

whether they like it or not.

whoops, hit the wrong button the first time

What better way than to look back at the love between Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal.

Their love produced a monument that is famous all over the world — Taj Mahal. Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal were Mughal Royal couple who shared a loving marriage until Mumtaz died while giving birth to their 14th child. Shah Jahan was devastated by his wife’s death and his grief inspired him to build one of the world’s greatest architectural masterpieces to serve as the final resting place of his beloved wife,

THE TAJ MAHAL.

What better way to celebrate eternal love than to immortalize it in history for all to see?

Sources:

http://historylists.org/other/10-greatest-love-stories-in-history.html

A little tribute to St. Valentine

Cleopatra is documented as a beautiful but harsh ruler. So i imagined what would happenn if she fell for a common roman soldier … the result is a creepy valentine poem and a very worried soldier flanked by a very angry cleo. but how can i add my picture here?

how do i add a picture to a comment?

how do i add a picture

Cleopatra is documented as a beautiful but harsh ruler. So i imagined what would happenn if she fell for a common roman soldier … the result is a creepy valentine poem and a very worried soldier flanked by a very angry cleo.
Ps and the" add picture icon" suddenly appeared :slight_smile:

unfortunately I can not participate in this competition: more than 7 days have passed, and my post must still be approved. Sin…

Here in this illustration “El Cid” is declaring his love for Ximena.

Here is in PNG, if JPEG doesn’t work. :smile:

@CostlierParrot3 said:

unfortunately I can not participate in this competition: more than 7 days have passed, and my post must still be approved. Sin…

Please try to repost, or send to Jenny personally.