Female Villagers Losing Modify Attributes

Age of Empires 2: DE
101.101.35209.0 4667120
Steam

Issue:

Female Villager’s are not receiving Modify Attribute’s, and/or losing them when performing tasks.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Modify Attribute> Hit points> Villager (Female)
  2. Have villager perform a task
2 Likes

Hello! The reason this is happening is that when a Villager (Female) performs a task such as farming, that Villager (Female) is at that moment ceases to be a Villager (female) and instead “transforms” into a new unit–a “Farmer”! Same with Lumberjack, Miner, Builder, Repairer, Fisherman, Hunter, Forager, etc.

So if you want to make sure your villagers, for example, all had 200 HP, you would need to make a Modify Attribute trigger to set HP to 200 for Villagers (Female) as well as identical trigger for farmers, miners, lumberjacks, etc (And Villagers (Male) as well). That way no matter which task they were doing, and which unit they “transformed” into, they would retain their 200HP.

A Villager (Female) is only a Villager (female) when it is either 1) standing around doing nothing, or 2) walking to a new location without a task to do once it gets there (that is, it is simply moving from one location to another).

If a male or female villager is tasked with any job, it “transforms” into a different unit (farmer for example) until you give it a new task to do.

1 Like

but a farmer u just move is still a farmer. You have to ask him to attack a building or units of the enemy to get him back to be a villager, not a farmer

I assume the poster intends for Villager (female) to maintain the HP modification regardless of which tasks that unit is performing. If that is the case, the poster would need to make triggers to modify HP for farmers, lumberjacks, miners, hunters, fisherman, etc, so that the unit would maintain the HP modification no matter what they were doing.

It should be noted however, that adjustments to farmers, miners, lumberjacks, etc., will affect Villager (male) when male villagers are performing tasks. There are no female farmers or male farmers. Farmers are farmers. I don’t know if the poster intended to modify only female villagers HP and not male villagers HP. If they did, I don’t know how that would be possible. But if they are ok with male and female villagers having and maintaining the HP modification, the method to do that is outlined in my first reply.

I’m having the same problem
Only female villagers are not being modified
Although i have modified lumberjack gold miner shepherd and so it only applies for male villagers

I wish I saw this yesterday, I’ve been doing ## ### in trying to set up a trigger for civilians to increase their HP by 1 every few seconds, but only the male villagers increase. Between change HP and musicians attribute I’ve had since amusing results.

How do I share a have I’ve created with triggers?

You need separate trigger effects to modify female villagers (of each occupation). It’s a little troublesome, as female workers are hidden in the Editor, but you can just type in their Unit ID #s (found in Advanced Genie Editor) instead of the drop-down menu. For example, searching “Gold Miner” in AGE, you’ll find that 579 is the ID for the female gold miner, so you type that into the “Item ID” box in the Effect trigger. You must do the same for all other occupations for female villagers.

1 Like

For reference there is also a spreadsheet of unit constants you can use to search. It might be a bit easier than using AGE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1llyn7FWKEtmss_WE-6hinMItpsV-h-6qsY8xBlkxUzw/edit#gid=193837369

As far as Villagers go, the relevant values are:

• 56 Male Fisherman
  • 57 Female Fisherman
  • 83 Male Villager
  • 118 Male Builder
  • 120 Male Forager
  • 122 Male Hunter
  • 123 Male Lumberjack
  • 124 Male Stone Miner
  • 156 Male Repairer
  • 212 Female Builder
  • 214 Female Farmer
  • 216 Female Hunter
  • 218 Female Lumberjack
  • 220 Female Stone Miner
  • 222 Female Repairer
  • 259 Male Farmer
  • 293 Female Villager
  • 354 Female Forager
  • 579 Male Gold Miner
  • 581 Female Gold Miner
  • 590 Female Shepherd
  • 592 Male Shepherd

You’ll have to use each of these unit constants in their own Modify Attribute effect. Most of them can’t be selected via the dropdown menu, so they must be entered explicitly. Copying the effects and typing into the box for each may be useful.

2 Likes

Thank you, I wouldn’t have worked that out tbh as I’ve not coffee across advanced Genie

When a village changes to say lumberjack then the HP drops to the default value eg:

Villager increases 1 HP every second, but when it begins a lumberjack the HP looks like 176/25.

Is there a way to make it match the highest value?

I did try the civilian route, adding 1 HP per second, but every time it does something else the addition increased by 1, so goes to lumber adds 2 HP per second, goes to stone adds 3 and so on.

Any idea how to prevent that and just stick to 1HP

As we’ve mentioned, you have to modify every possible occupation of the villager. Adding HP only to the “villager” class will only affect the HP for untasked villagers, or villagers tasked with attacking something. So the trigger used to add HP to the “villager” must also add HP to all the classes listed by TWest above.

Also, you should use “Modify Attribute” for this, never “Change Object HP” because the latter doesn’t affect the global stats of the unit (i.e. newly created units or units changing occupations will not be affected properly).