First 2022 AoE III civ DLC speculation

imma throw a curveball in there and bet on it being something that people probably don’t expect or want if the trends so far hold.

So mongols - why? cause they are the exception.

1 Like

I always want Persia but would be huge amount of work as they would need new architecture and possibly wonders if they classed them as an ‘Asian’ civ like Mughals, China, Japan. Would be amazing though.

Realistically like many others I think Brazil, but Mexico was a surprise to me so I’m more than happy to be surprised again!

2 Likes

It better be ■■■■■■■ Brazil, otherwise I made a thousand topics with proposals and ideas for Brazil for nothing! /jk

Seriously, It will likely be Brazil as the final post-colonial civ. With USA, Mexico and Brazil, we will have arguably the 3 most notable powers in the Americas, 1 english speaking civ, 1 spanish speaking civ and 1 portuguese speaking civ, covering many potential fanbases. Who knows, maybe if the post-colonials sell a lot of DLC, they might add Gran Colombia, Haiti, Chile, Argentina and Peru.

As for everyone suggesting Australia, I find it unlikely as Australia only became an independent nation in 1901, too late for the game’s timeframe. I think it’s much more likely, and interesting, that we will get an Oceania themed DLC in the future with new maps, minor civs, mechanics and “Polynesia” as a new playable civilization.

I also think that an European themed map pack and a Middle-Eastern DLC are also possible in the future, if the game stays alive and profitable for many months to come.

5 Likes

I think the game time frame has bumped up to 1908, so australia is surely in.

2 Likes

Italy and Poland, please

8 Likes

Australia or the Māori don’t make any sense to me. Far to late in the time frame. Love them in the wars of liberty mod, works well there, would be disappointed in their inclusion in DE. Making Polynesian one civ seems questionable as they are all unique cultures. Although the African age up system kinda gets around this by allowing you to ally with different minor civs as you progress. Start as the kingdom of Tonga and have Fiji, Brits, Samoa, Māori as age up options. Kingdom of Hawaii with Ally US…… idk. Not sure it’s the best direction for new content.

It will be Korea or Persia. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Maori fit the timeline a lot better than Mexico, USA, or Aztec. They were still colonizing the south of New Zealand and the Chatham islands in the 1500s and first made contact with Europeans in 1642. Contact with Europeans increased in the mid 1700s and they were having full blown wars with European weapons by the early 1800s.

Australia would be a cool revolution option for British and Dutch and could be based on the Eureka Rebellion. They would be too late for a full civ though.

I think it could be a new type of revolution, where it becomes a full civilization that can upgrade to imperial and doesn’t sacrifice the economy. Kind of like a transition.

I don’t think it will be brazil, I’d like morroco personally but I could see them actually making a civ of canada.

I am Brazilian, but I would not like Brazil to be added as a civilization, for me the current situation of Brazil as a Portuguese revolution is the closest to the fact of history.
I honestly prefer a civ like Italy or Denmark, Morocco or even another Asian one than a Portugal 2.0.

8 Likes

I’d be extremely disappointed by Canada but not really surprised.

7 Likes

Solid choices in my opinion:

Europeans: Italians, Danes, Polish-Lithuanians and Persians.
I hope the Persians will be designed like the Ottomans, and hope both of them will get more Islamic features into their European structure. That may better than being an Asian civ since the design of Asian civ is not culturally correct.

Africans: Kongolese.

Americans: Muisca.

Asians: Siamese.
I think Siamese are the last safe option in the Oriental region. I am concerned that the suggestion of small Asian kingdoms such as Vietnamese, Burmese and Koreans will open Pandora’s box.

Revolutionary: Brazil.
I am not a big fan of the revolutionary civs. I can live with the introduction of the US because it was independent earlier and it did have imperialism and expansionism. Except for US, other countries are completely unpredictable for me, and Brazil is just the most marketable option.

7 Likes

I would say that will be Brazil. USA for anglosphere, Mexico for hispanic world and Brazil for the lusophony.

Adding them would cretae the option to add mapuche later as a 2nd Sourh American natives. We have to remember the art for BBs. I know that they are from Argentina but why not??

3 Likes

What do you mean? BB?

O Canada! We stand on guard for thee. :crossed_fingers:t5:

Big Buttons, special technologies of natives
@Erchere did a video about it

Morocco might be a better option for Africans. They could have elements of both European style civs and African civs and be a stepping stone to learning the African mechanics. Persia could be done similarly to be an intermediate between European and Asian mechanics.

Muisca would be an odd choice. They were conquered by the Spanish just as early as the Aztec and Inca who are already pushing the bounds of the time period. Mapuche would be the obvious choice for another South American Native. There are also tons of prominent North American natives such as Apache, Cree, Muskogee, and Haida.

Siam would be a solid Asian choice, but I do think Korea would also be good despite being small. They had advanced cannons and the Imjin war falls in the time period.

2 Likes

Yes my ideal situation is Persia would come with an Ottoman rework and they could share some mechanics as well as new architecture.

2 Likes

queria o brasil mais sinceramente a Itália com seus reinados seria muita mais interessante seria uma civi focada em infantaria e economia faria sentido

2 Likes