First 2022 AoE III civ DLC speculation

faz sentido pérsia entrar para o jogo também

1 Like

Fair points. Maybe not so outlandish

Pandora’s Box already opened when they release USA and Mexico as new civs. I have no problem with that as long as the devs balance them well and are fun to play.

6 Likes

I think the fan favourite is Italy. But going by how the lone civs have been the Americas, could be another one from that continent or a South American one.

If there ever is a >1 DLC civ, then yes, I’d expect a couple of Euro-based civs.

My only hope is that it’s a civ that is in line with the actual time frame of the game, unlike the US.

2 Likes

Heres my guesses:
Euro civs- They won’t be released until a future xpack about Napoleon. Poland and italy will be introduced here.

Natives- not profitable enough and we already have 4. I’d like to see pueblo personally though.

Oceania- probably too ambitious for a 1 civ DLC, esp in that we don’t have the maps or minor civs. I’d bet this would be an excellent xpack for the future.

Brazil- probably likely. This is my top pick and there is a large BR community that would love to buy it.

Asia- Korea or Persia will be eventually added due to name value but i don’t think that will happen in a 1 civ DLC. These would ve my 2nd guesses after BR.

Congolese- I dont think we will get another African civ. Releasing another African civ so close to the release of African Royals as a separate DLC wouldn’t look good.
Morocco- No. Too boring.
Barbary Coast- possible but I really hope not. Culturally speaking, people love pirates. But once again this ia another African civ which I mentioned above.

4 Likes

Apparently Moroccans are a variant of Ottomans so they are Europeans rather than Africans.
It can also be seen from the campaign that their tech tree basically belongs to European civs.

Their Confederation was a best-organized regime in the South America. They fought against the Spanish conquistadors. They fit perfectly.

I don’t even bother to explain why many people think Koreans are an unsolid choice. During those centuries, they were a kingdom that depended only on the Chinese, with few wars and few external and overseas affairs.

The small Asian kingdoms are a Pandora’s box. They are not enough to be complete civs, but are well worth introducing as mercenary units or minor civs, similar to Iron Troop from Kingdom of Tungning, Kanuri Guard from Kingdom of Kanem-Bornu and Sennar Horseman from Sudan.

You’ve opened a Pandora’s box, and you’re now facing a second box.
We should not repeat the same mistakes if we can.

1 Like

Ever since the announcement of the “United States Civilization”, my prediction for the next big civ was the Soviet Union. However that may not be “chic” with current ongoing global affairs. So, uh, space aliens, I guess?

Why variant? In AoE III gameplay sense? They could work perfectly as an African designed civ.

In the cultural sense? Moroccans are a mix of Arab and Amazigh (Berber) culture, while Ottomans were a mix of Arab and Turkish culture plus the regional diversity across their very big empire.

Have you played the Battle of the Three Kings?
Basically they use the European mechanics.
They will be an European civ just like Ottomans, and the Persians may use the same way too.

1 Like

Those are two boxes already. Nothing really wrong if they add civs to cater to people’s demand. You have the option not to buy the civs that don’t appeal for you. I don’t like the USA civ but I still bought it to support the game. I’m open to all other “small civs” if they offer a good story for historical battle. Korea is one example a historical battle mission for the Imjin War (Koreans vs Japanese). Persia on the other hand has lots more to offer too. So Asia has lots of civs to offer with Siam and Omanis as well.

2 Likes

I loved the USA, Mexico not quite as much but still got hours of fun from it and it cost hardly anything. Worth buying the civs even if you won’t use them that much in my opinion just to show support for all the incredible work the devs have done so far and continue to do with each new patch and DLC.

4 Likes

Same sentiments what more if they offer a true co-op mode just like Starcraft 2’s co-op commanders so we can also use the new civs not only for skirmish and multiplayer but in another game mode.

After Mexico I really expect the unexpected.

3 Likes

Yes I did. But it doesn’t mean that they could be improved with an African design.

1 Like

The American civ was very different from the historical battle version so I’m not sure why he thinks the Moroccans have to be the same as their historical battle version.

3 Likes

They have proven to work well with European mechanics.
I believe more in what I see now than in imagining that they must be transformed into African mechanics.

The Islamic countries north of Sahara and West Asia have precedents for the Ottomans, which are not abrupt at all as an European-like civilization. To me, the existing African mechanics are more designed for sub-Saharan Africans.

If it’s an European civ I really hope to finally see Italy.

If it’s a post-colonial civ, it will obviously be Brazil as the last one (unless the Devs decided to also add an Argentinian civ).

And if it’s an Native american civ I expect the Mapuches or the Tupi-Guarani.

Another civs that I would expect, probably Persia or Korea.

7 Likes

More maps, please. Really, I mean it.

1 Like

I guess it’s going to be Brazil or Italia. Either way, I’d buy those 2 as soon as they’d get announced.

As for natives, Mapuches are a strong possibility. I’d definitely buy that.

3 Likes

Denmark is a civ that makes sense it’s the last European power that had colonies, it can have norway as a revolution that could be shared with sweden.

Maybe an asian civ…but AD civs were broken from the start,…so I hope not.

2 Likes