First look at the UI

During the AoM segment, there was a short scene where you were able to see a first look on Retold’s UI:

As Retold will use AoE 3 DE’s Engine, here’s a random screenshot I made a while ago with the Definitive UI layout:

2 Likes

I hope that it will be possible to change things in places just like in aoe3, because resources not on down left corner is a thing I will not get used to

I’m sure, same with GUI scaling (must have for me, while playing @1440 default scale is too big for me).

No reason to strip these features and make it worse for no benefit. In general, UX around HUD is great in 3DE, and small details added post-release (like mini decks) are aweosme.

Iirc AoE 3 DE has three UI layouts, with Definitive that resembles the way AoE 1’s and 2’s UI is sorted, Legacy and the Default one that mainly differ in the way mini map and resources are sorted

Better captures:

In-game UI
UI1

Continuing from the first, a “game rules” / diplomacy UI, not sure if for players or dev-only.
UI2

An larged look at the command panel, and map editor a dev is using.

1 Like

Looks like the loading screen to me considering there’s a blue bar at the bottom