First online game in session won’t load

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #:

• GAME PLATFORM: Steam

• OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When I play my first multiplayer game that session, it doesn’t load. This started happening after the new patch. It has happened four times now I think: I start up a game (Ranked 1v1 or Quick Match 2v2), the loading bar gets stuck (same place every time), I have to task manager → end AoE 4. Then I start the game again, go into queue (sometimes in 1v1 I then get matched with the same person!), and it loads normally for that game and subsequent games that session.

This is annoying and also means I am losing ranked points!

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
    Every session, first game only.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Be on my computer as me
  2. Open game, search for a match

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Play a multiplayer game

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Bar gets stuck in same place every time, here are two examples:

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

I could look for a game recording of what happens when I don’t load…

1 Like

Two examples:

1 Like

1 Like

Sorry you’re experiencing this @Ajfmaizy, but thank you for the thorough report! It would be super helpful if you could please contact support with your DxDiag and warnings.log file. It will help the team figure out what might be going on here. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks for the response :slight_smile:

An update:

• it started doing it not only on the first session, so that was just a coincidence
  • a friend suggested I use the Steam thing to validate local files (? or something like that). It found that I had 3 local files corrupted and it updated them. Since then, all works fine, no issue anymore :slight_smile:

So we reckon there was a file related to mapbuilding missing, which on some maps was not present (no issue) and on some maps was present (in the same place in the load sequence).

In case anyone else experiences this in the future, Steam Library → AoE 4 → Properties → Verify Integrity of Game Files, and that fixed it :slight_smile:

2 Likes